Total Pageviews

Thursday 18 December 2014

Weds landsend

Can't be to enthusiastic about this blog as only 6 of us fished, it was more like a pleasure session with an edge, oh well small entry Wednesday matches won't be a worry for me come the new year as I will be working weds , with tues and Thursday off to begin with, cost cutters for me then, and a chance of ten quid pick up and a bonus lucky bag on some venues, but then again it's not all about the money is it !!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Back to landsend and last ticket for me , peg 11 nice , right out of the wind, to be fair we put three on each bank at the top end just so we all had some shelter from the gale that was blowing, the only downshot to the day was that I had to sit and look at fabios cheery face all day, did I really say cheery.
The fishing to say was ok , I had one carp of about 7lb straight away over to the weedbeds just off the island , then I lost a fouler and apart from waspy perch that was it from that area, the 9 mtr caster line was ok with plenty of roach and sensible size perch, I also had a good skimmer and big IDE from here towards the end , also I had two good skimmers on corn over micros at 14 mtrs towards the aerator, I also hooked a carp there aswell which I nearly netted before it came adrift, I would like to say the hook pulled or it broke me , but no I had the dreaded curly line syndrome, bad knot then.
First on the day was Ron hardiman on peg 7 with 32lb of silvers and one near ten pound carp ending with 42lb , fabio was second with 37lb which was mainly 8smallish carp, which tend to sometimes inhabit these corner end pegs, I was third with 29lb, which was 19lb of silvers and two carp, one of which was a squeaker taken towards the end on caster,
Off to todber for the final round of that series and it has been a bit of a disappointment this year as it hasn't fished at all well, with a distinct lack of f1,s which can be a nuisance here, seems as though something has happened ,
Still a few spaces for Sundays match at landsend so book in with me or at the fishery if you want to fish.

No comments:

Post a Comment