Total Pageviews

Wednesday 31 December 2014

Weds landsend open

Only 8 fishing today so not a match as such, more a New Year's Eve gathering. Getting to the fishery and it seemed mr frost had done his job and put a hard lid on the lakes, so out with the ball and chain for the second match in a row, I was last but one to draw and out came 13, a nice corner peg and it's possible to get along the end bank making ice. Breaking easier. It wasn't to thick in my peg so it didn't take me to long to clear 16 mtrs along the end bank and 9 mtrs on an angle to my right, so after doing mine I went along to the gimp whose sache weight breaker was well and truly stuck in the ice, so I broke his out to 12 mtrs then went round to help Martin lenaghan on 11 who was in danger f pushing his ice flows into my swim, so we managed to shift away under the ice to hs left, job done, the ice wasn't particularly thick but it was that very clear stuff which is normally very hard and it was !!!!
I set up two rigs of identical weights .3g both with 6313 hooks to .12 line. The two lines were a bit different in depths hence the two rigs . I was going to fish two spots up the left one at 9 mtrs and the other at 14 mtrs, and the other was to the right in that cleared channel. At the start I cupped in some maggots and casters on the three lines and started on the 9mtr right hand channel, I gave it thirty mins  with only a couple of dips so with a quid on the first fish with Martin I went to the left hand bank, by now Martin had missed three bites and lost a fish , so he was gutted when I hooked a perch first drop but he cheered up massively when it came off approaching the net, but his cheery mood soon changed  when I went straight back in and landed a 8oz perch . During the match the right hand channel wasn't to productive giving me 2 f1,s , a lost fouled carp and a skimmer which came adrift when my elastic caught on the edge of the ice, by far and away most of the action came from the left hand margin I had quite a few perch and roach, nothing big but plenty of bites, on the 9 and 14 mtr lines as the ice thawed a bit I fed some micros with a few maggots straight in front on the edge of the ice at 14 mtrs as Martin had had three carp opposite me, I did get one carp from here and two more f1,s , but I was always behind Martin as he had three carp and some silvers including three good skimmers in the last hour, and looking down the lake it was going to be an easy win for him.
1st Martin lenaghan on 11 with 27.2
2nd me with 17.13 my silvers went 12.4 and the golden ghostie carp was the rest
3rd nick Ewers on 2 with 12.10 of silvers to take that then
4th trigger on 19 with 11lb
5th Adrian jeffery on 24 with 9.2








No comments:

Post a Comment