Total Pageviews

Monday 22 December 2014

Todber league, final round

Off on my own today as my travelling partner set his alarm for the wrong time ,doh.
Into canards for breakfast , it was ok , not the best I,ve had here but it filled a gap, then onto the fishery for the 8.30 draw, only 20 fishing today as there had been several dropouts, mark had done a good a job of finding a few reserves today, why is it people book in for a series only fish a couple then don't bother seeing it out, there are occasions and good reasons for some people needing to drop out or miss a match but to not turn up as they have no chance is wholley unacceptable .
Back to the draw and out comes 28 for me , although Ashley won the section off it last round I wasn't really feeling the love on the peg today, plus I was next to the joint league organiser in the the shape of  a bad tempered nick merry, ooh he can be angry, even launching a top set up the bank during the day with another rig tied in a granny knot around the end,
The pegs I fancied in the section today were 25 which is a big corner peg with lots of room with dan white round the corner on 22 being the next angler, not a flier but with loads of room it may be ok today,
I set up rigs for 13 mtrs on two angles, a rig for a couple of areas against the far bank and a margin rig , I started at 13 mtrs on a piece of corn over micros, not a bite there for the first 30 mins , the anglers around me had started over, and they had a few fish , so I went across and had some bites, firstly on corn then a switch to maggots was ok even if it did attract some small roach, the next couple of hours weren't to bad as I had three proper, if not smallish carp and about 12 or 13 f1,s then the last couple of hours went to rat shit and all I could catch were odd roach, so that was it for me then, dave hodgson on 25 caught some carp down his edge and although I couldn't see dan on 22 as the island was hiding him, I did occasionally see his topkit in the air with elastic out so he was getting a few, the end couldn't come quick enough for most at this end of the lake, dan won our section with 47lb and dave was second with 30lb, I was third with 24lb then it was 13 and 8 after that.
Top on the day was Alan oram on peg 5 with 111lb catching on maggot at 7 mtrs and league winner Ashley Tompkins on 37 was second with 99lb, sealing the league in style so well done to him, the full results will probably be on ken rayners (fishingken) blog, but it may be a few days in appearing as he really had a bad day only weighing about 6lb for last in his section,
May go to acorn on Tuesday for a pre Xmas fix but looking at the weather forecast which is showing wet and windy I may not go at all or I may have a bit of a pleasure session, out of the wind some where.
If I don't do another blog this week , I hope you all have a good Christmas and stay safe






No comments:

Post a Comment