Total Pageviews

Monday 15 December 2014

Final round , viaduct silvers league

This was a match I needed to get a section win in, as it would mean that I was ending on 5 points and unable to be caught by the chasing pack, lead by the very capable Gary o'shea, a section second would do providing Gary had a bit of a blowout,
So into the draw tin and out comes 121, bugger, it's up on the top bank of cambell all on my own, it's been a bad peg peg right through the series, I would have been happier about three or four pegs to my right in the mid 120's, as the needed skimmers tend to hang,
Getting to the swim I was less than happy to find the strong breeze blowing straight at me, in for a cold day then. With it being on the end of the lake it ruled out the wag as it would mean casting past the anglers on the side banks, plus there were loads of carp on the long line and I couldn't have fed more than about 11 mtrs with caster due to the wind, so it was three pole rigs then , a .5g rig for 11&14 mtrs, a .3g for 5 mtrs and 11 mtrs to the left at about 10 o,clock angle and 4x12 for caster down the margins as the peg can throw up some decent perch, at the start I decided to give it some as nothing had worked for the anglers in previous rounds, so put in 3good balls at 11 mtrs and four at 14, fed casters at 5 and 11mtrs to the left and each margin, and I would like to report that it all went to plan, but no, I had no bites n the first 45 mins at 5 mtrs, so I went out to 11 mtrs and had my first bite just over an hour in, and that was a carp, 20 mins later I had my second bite, a plippy roach, GREAT,
Out to 14 mtrs and it wasn't to much better, with the wind blowing straight it, presentation was crap with the rig constantly blowing in and under the pole tip, if I let it happen I could get the rig to blow in and end up at my feet in about 3 minutes, the wind did stop for about 15 minutes at one stage and I did get some more small roach and I pulled out of a decent fish which felt like a perch,then the wind picked up and finished that off, the 11 mtr angled caster one gave me one good perch of about 2lb, but some carp turned up there and became a nuisance , I landed three and lost the same, I need up with 3lb 3oz for jnt 4in the section, meaning that if Gary won his section he would win with six points leaving me with 7 and hopefully 2nd or 3rd depending on a weight count back .
It was a hard day with most struggling and some even blanking,
1st on the day went to dan squires on 59 lodge with 16.14 of wag caught skimmers and roach, mainly on maggot
2nd Sam Powell on 64 lodge which is the monk peg with 16lb
3rd Paul faieres on 97 with 13 lb
4th Craig Edmunds on 126 with 12.14
5th Gary o'shea on 111 with 12.13
6th Paul greenwood on 56 with 12.8
League
Gary o,Shea, 6pts
Tony Rixon 7pts     144.14
Dan squire 7pts.   116.1
Craig Edmunds 8pts dropping 4
Bob gullick 8pts dropping 5
Paul elmes 9pts dropping 3
Gary webber and travelling partner Sam Powell 9pts but both dropping 4,s
Next Sunday the gimp is running an open on landsend fishery 9am draw, to book in ring mike at the fishery on 07977545882, or ring me on 07974807941














No comments:

Post a Comment