Total Pageviews

Wednesday 19 November 2014

Weds open landsend fishery match lake

Still only 8 people booked in for this, I can't get my head around anglers fishing cost cutters and not even being able to cover there costs for the day, or it may just be the case people have Tuesdays and Thursdays off instead of Wednesdays !!!!!.
Mike duckett drew for me today and handed me 16 , to be honest with so few anglers on the lake every peg had loads of room so I didn't care where I drew, either side of me I had kev molten on 13 and Paul Atwood on 19, both to far away to have a conversation with so it was going to be a quiet day, at the weekend there were some fish being caught on banded pellet against the island so I set up a rig for that, I also set up a rig to do the same each side under the empty pallets, a meat rig was put up to fish at 13 mtrs at 1 and 11 o,clock angles, and a caster rig for 4 mtrs for perch hopefully as they have been feeding well lately.
At the start I cupped in some meat on the two 13 mtr lines , fired some pellets against the island and under the pallets each side and began on the short caster line, that was shit , the perch didn't show and the roach were proving difficult to tempt, so after 40 mins it was out on the meat, starting on the 1 o,clock angle I missed a couple of dips before it connected with the first carp of the day, that was safely netted and it wasn't long before I added another , that was the last carp from that area as roach moved in and were proving a nuisance, switching to the 11 angle I started catching carp again but for some reason there were no roach problems, the pellet lines never produced a thing , I did foul a carp down under the pallet to my right but it came adrift, that was my only bite on pellet , the island was no good either, about halfway through I saw a swirl down my left hand margin so I put a rig together for down there and did get two smaller carp and a perch on caster but it didn't warrant spending to much time there as there seemed to be enough fish on the 13 mtr line to do well, it was a case of kindering a few pieces of  6mm meat in and sitting on it with the same size meat on the hook, by the end of the match I had 22 carp to 10lb in the net for well over 100lb, I had 2 down the edge,2to the right at 13 mtrs and 18 to the left at 13 mtrs, a nice interesting day, I ended up with 126.1
2nd was mark poppleton on 22 with 71.2
3rd kev molten on 13 with 60.5
4th   Andy hembrow on 5 with 44.6
Silvers
John (the gimp) Bradford on peg 2 with 14.4
Off to todber at the weekend and then a silvers match at viaduct next weds on spring lake, book in at the fishery for that one on 01458 274022






4 comments:

  1. not sure about people having tuesdays and thursdays off more likely dont want to take on the big boys and want to hide in the costcutters , which I believe were set up to help the local pensioners , lets all mug the pensioners , arent we great !!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I did write a couple of replies to this but I couldn't get the wording right without upsetting people, so I will leave that to others

    ReplyDelete
  4. go on tone write a comment , you know you want to , its not as if you have to worry about customers boycotting the shop anymore .
    would love to shame anglers into coming back to fish wednesdays and make taking a day off worthwhile , not that you have to worry about that lol

    ReplyDelete