Total Pageviews

Sunday 2 November 2014

Viaduct silvers league round 3

Another breakfast at canards on the way today, it was ok but not as good as the week before, I will be glad to get back to shipham again.
Only one no show today so still 49 fishing, into the draw tin early and out comes 97,  a good silvers swim in the diagonal bank of Cary, I drew it a few weeks ago in the silvers final and had over 40lb of skimmers so I fancied it for a few today, for company I had our next Tour de France hopeful in the shape of steve denmead on 98 and Roland Lucas on 96 and with the unstoppable andy power turning up n fancied peg 94 in the corner it was never going to be a easy section win, which is what I needed to keep me on the top of the pile,
I set up the two usual rigs n the shape of a .25 & a .4g pencil floats with an 18 middy 6313 hook on ,10 line.
At the start I fed the 3 mtr line with one ball of g bait which is a mix of  gimps and sensas lake and 3 balls at 11 mtrs and 4 at 14 mtrs ,all with a few casters in .
I started at 3 mtrs  feeding a few casters with one on the hook, I missed a couple bites(liners) before hooking a carp which promptly stole my hook, it took a while to get another  bite, but when I did it resulted in a Ruffe (mint), not a good sign. No more bites for another 30 mins there so t was out on the 11 mtr line, Roland and andy were by now getting odd skimmers whilst me and steve sat there with near motionless floats, as did fabio who was on 99, looking around the lake no one was really setting it on fire although Roland next door was getting skimmers regularly, and andy power was also catching steady, so those two were going to be the ones to beat in the section, the only problem with that was that I would need to get some bites to give me any chance, again the small blippy roach weren't feeding which I think is a bit of a trigger for the better fish to switch on .
I did get a few better skimmers during the match but I never had enough to be a threat to the two anglers to my right , Roland caught odd skimmers steadily during the match as did andy and they ended up with 33 and 30lb respectively for first and second in the section, I ended up with 16 lb which was good enough for 3 in section so not a complete blow out , but hopefully that will be my dropper,
Highlight of the day for me and the anglers around us was that fabio had a big fat wood pigeon sat in the tree above his head , and it managed to crap on him three times , much to our amusement .
1st on the day was Gary oshea on 59 lodge with 35.3 of skimmers on maggot and caster over groundbait at 14 mtrs
2nd Roland Lucas next to me with 33.4
3rd ziggy slowisnki on 111 with 32.11
4th andy power on 94 with 30.14
5th gabe skarba on 68 with 25.13
6th Paul elmes on 55 with 25.1













No comments:

Post a Comment