Total Pageviews

Thursday 2 October 2014

Weds open viaduct fishery, Campbell lake

This was a fifty fifty match with equal a payouts for overall and silvers, but you can win both, I expected a decent turnout so was disappointed to find only eleven fishing, it seemed like a good opportunity to fish for silvers as the silvers league starts this Sunday , I waited till the end to draw and ended up on 116, nt what I would really deem a good silvers peg, but it is a good carp peg, so the silvers parafanalia was left in the van, and with more people silver fishing than carping it seemed to be a good decision , I had travelling partner Ron hardiman on 115 and mat tomes on 118, I did ok on this peg last time I drew it on meat fished at 13&5 mtrs , so that was the main plan for today, the only difference was the meat size as I changed from 8mm to 10mm size chunks, so rigs done for that I set up a margin rig to use down by the overhanging tree to my right using and feeding 8mm pellet.
I started off at 13 mtrs kindering meat over the top whilst feeding some at 5 mtrs and throwing pellets to the tree to my right, first put in on the meat and the float settled and kept going , that resulted in a flying 2lb skimmer ending up in the net. By the end of the first hour I had only managed one carp and a smaller skimmer, so I switched long lines, going out to 14mtrs and feeding pellet, it certainly seemed better with more activity in the swim but foulers were a problem, so it was off the box and a shallow rig assembled, Ron by now was a couple of fish ahead but was also suffering foulers, it didn't take to long to get a shallow fish, but it was proving to be difficult, you had to feed to get the fish fizzing but they didn't seem to keen to stay near the pole, a switch to the deep rig produced odd fish but foulers kept being a problem, if you stopped feeding the fizzing would stop and so would any indications, I did try down by the tree and had two fish but lost three or four trying to bully them out from the tree, and when my float came back minus a tip and a snapped stem I gave that up as a bad job. With two hours to go I decided to concentrate on the 5 mtr meat line as there were bubbles coming up, with two thirds of the anglers silver bashing it didn't look as though it was going to be hard to get some overall money, it was only Roy the bomb worth who had been plying his trade over on 123, that had the most carp, it was probably pretty much neck and neck between Ron and me at this stage but he had lost a couple of malmanfloats and was crying into his rig box, the last two hours were good and I ended up with 25 carp into double figures for what I reckoned to go at least 140lb, but I was a bit out as they actually went 181.13, the fish at this venue doesn't seem to know how to stop growing, and that was enough for first place.
2nd Roy worth on 123 with 155.14
3rd Ron hardiman , 114lb
4th Nigel Bartlett on 131 with 86.12 which included 56lb of silvers, but that wasn't enough to take the silvers top spot , that went to steve kedge on 110 with 66.8 who finished the match not being able to get his caster hook bait into the water fast enough to catch a tench just on his topkit,













No comments:

Post a Comment