Total Pageviews

Sunday 5 October 2014

Viaduct silvers league, rnd 1

49 are booked in for this popular series which is run over 6 matches, with section points needed to do well , I like to draw early and went in to the tin behind five others, out comes 110 , lovely job , steve kedge had it on Wednesday and won the silvers with 66lb of mainly tench close in, so off to the peg then, for company I had nick Collins on 111, so the banter was always going to be good.
After kedgy doing well with the tench, I set up a rig to fish to hand on a topkit with caster, another on the same line but short lined with a number 4 on if conditions made fishing to hand difficult, a rig for in the margins but with a lot of carp mooching around I wasn't to hopefull of any decent silvers getting a look in, and a rig for caster over groundbait at 13 mtrs, at the start I began feeding caster on the short lines and put 6 balls in at 13 mtrs, I then began on the short to hand rig on single caster, I had a good start with a big hybrid and a tench plus some roach in the first ten minutes, and that in all honesty was my match sorted, I did have a tench and a few smaller skimmers on the 13 mtr line and some perch and sensible roach from the left hand margin until the carp showed up which spelt the end as far as margins went , so by swapping between the to hand rig and the short line rig close in I ended up with 14 tench , some nice skimmers and small roach, it was a bit of a waiting game for a bite but with the night before being the coldest for ages it wasn't really surprising, and also this is the shallowest end of the lake with just over 2 foot on the pole line , so every fish hook made a bit of a mess of the peg, but by the end I reckoned I had over 40lb which looked good enough to get the all important section win, the scales went 43.12 which not only gave me the section but was just enough for first on the day, but it was close with tony page only a good skimmer behind off peg 103 with 42.11
3rd and not to far either was bob gullick on 94 with 41.5
4th andy botterill on 99 with 39.4
5th dan squires on 90 with 34.3
6th Gabriel skarba on 78 with 33.6
Off to emerald on Wednesday for a match on ruby and sapphire, so if anyone fancies a go ring me at the shop to book in on 01179517250. £15 quid all in, draw at 9.30





No comments:

Post a Comment