Total Pageviews

Sunday 19 October 2014

Two days of silvers at viaduct

I had Saturday off to fish the silvers all winners final at viaduct, and with a cloudy day and a bit of a breeze , expectations were quite high . Early into the draw tin and out comes 97 which s on the diagonal bank on Cary , a good skimmer area, for company I had Harold steptoes son in the shape of Giles cochrane on 96 who had lee peanut coaching him as he hadn't qualified, and don Sutherland the other side on 98, so the stage was set for a friendly bit of banter, and we weren't disappointed we had a good laugh all day, rigs today were just two , a .25 and a .4g , both pencil type floats with the normal middy 6313 hook on ,10 line. With rigs done and the g bait mixed I was ready for the 11am start, on the whistle I cupped in a small ball at 3 mtrs and 5 each at 11 and 14 mtrs, starting at 3 mtrs I quickly had a few small roach but it never lasted , and after  about 10 minutes the bites stopped, Giles and don never had a bite on the short line, I did give it 30 mins on this short line but it was a no hoper, Giles had chucked the feeder by now and had caught a couple of  good skimmers and don had caught one on the pole, so I went out to 11 mtrs and fished here for the next 2 1/2 hours catching odd good skimmers, I kept feeding an odd ball on both long pole lines and with 3 hours left I went out to 14 mtrs and stayed here till the end , not really bagging but catching odd skimmers right to the end , as was Giles and don but by the end I reckoned I had beaten them both but it could be tight , looking around it was clear that andy power on 77 was going to to win with dan squire on 88 pushing him closest, and that was how it ended with andy winning with 56.10 catching really well towards the end, on maggot over caster with groundbait, he reckoned he fed about 6 pints of caster and a kilo of crumb
2nd dan squire with 48.10
3rd me with 42.9
4th lee Edwards on 77 with 38.13
5th Paul homewood on 110 with 35.14
6th Giles cochrane with 35.7
Sunday silvers league round 2
Today's match saw me draw 69 on lodge lake which again is a very good skimmer peg, again for company I had Giles cochrane  on 70 and nick Ewers on 68, today's match was a mirror image of the day before with the same rigs and baits, but I did slightly better today ending up with 43.3 of skimmers at 11 and 14 mtrs, as with the day before single dead red maggot fished over the groundbait being the most effective hook bait, it was not quite enough to win today as Gary Shea on 78 won with 47.1, but I was happy with second but mor importantly a second section win was in the bag.
3rd went to Anton page on 81 with 42.11
4th Paul greenwood on 18 with 40.10
5th Dominic Sullivan on 19 with 39.1
6th nick Ewers on 68 with 34lb
Off to emerald again on weds so that should be good for a few bites.













No comments:

Post a Comment