Total Pageviews

Sunday 26 October 2014

Todber series , park lake

This was the first of a four match series run by nick merry and mark poppleton, 24 fishing split into 6 peg sections  for points, I was first into the draw and ended up on the peg everyone wants 38 !!!. It's the end peg round the far side, anyone who knows the place will know how good it can be, a nice long margin to the right and an island at 15 mtrs, also meat down the middle has been scoring at the venue, for company I had bristols finest roofer in the shape of bela bakos on 37, before I continue with the fishing I must say the breakfast in canards well pub was very nice with friendly staff, so back there again in a fortnight.
Several rigs today , two for pellet across to the island , one on the deck and one shallow, a meat rig for 5 mtrs and a rig for dead maggot down the edge at 5 mtrs ,
At the start I cupped in some maggots down the margin, some meat at 6 mtrs and some 6mm pellet across to the island, I started on the meat line and had two carp in the first 15 mins , but that was it for that ,And after 40 mins I was reaching for the far bank pellet rig, there were lots of fish over there but foulers were a big problem, but as far as I could see most people were suffering the same problem, I tried  the shallow rig but that wasn't any good even thought here were odd slurpers against the island, I had a few but bela was ahead by the halfway stage and I was busy trying to think of some plausible excuses as to why I had done so badly on the flyer of all flyers, but with two hours to go I went down the edge and never looked back, catching steadily on 6 dead maggots on a 14 hook, ending up with well over 100lb and managing to turn the tables on bela (phew). I actually weighed 156lb I think, I never took a copy of the weights , but mike nicholls will have the full result on his blog
2nd was bela with 123lb
Silverfox was 3rd with 94lb and fabio was 4th with 91lb,
Off to viaduct on weds for a pole only on the match lake, so anyone who fancies it book in at the fishery or ring me at the shop while you still can lol

No comments:

Post a Comment