Total Pageviews

Wednesday 10 September 2014

Summerhayes weds open

Back to this nice fishery again this week, but it's a proper pegged match today , so not in charge of my own destiny today , which I prefer especially as I don't know to much about the venue.
Into the draw tin and out comes peg three on sellicks , a flyer peg behind the hut, and more importantly I missed the pegs on Lilly pool. For company I had the old stager Gary butler on 1 and Gabriel skarba on 4, and with them both looking to fish for silvers I would have the far bank carp to myself, I set up a meat rig for 5 mtrs, then the rest were pellet rigs, one for the left hand margin , one for on the on the deck against the far bank and a shallow rig for against the far side , the same rig would do for the right hand margin as it was very shallow, the far bank has a spit of bank sticking out giving me two sides of it to fish, the right hand side was only 12 mtrs away whereas the left hand side went back to 14.5 mtrs,
At the start I fed all lines and began on the deeper rig against the far bank, to say it was slow would be an understatement, after the first hour all I had was one carp and that came from my right hand margin, the second hour wasn't much better but I did manage three more carp from the far side and a skimmer off the meat line, which apart from a small carp later in the match those were the only two bites I had on meat. Also the left hand margin never seemed to get going, I did have one bite down there , but was royally seen off in a snag under the pallet of 4, also gabe spent a fair bit of time fishing the other side of the pallet for nothing either, I don't think to many fish were caught in the margin anywhere today, which is unusual on this lake. I had decided to feed the far bank quite aggressively with 6 mm hard pellet , and fish banded 8mm on the hook, it took till the last thre hours to start working, but the fish turned up it was enjoyable last half, I think I ended up with about 35 carp and the lonely skimmer, I didn't have to wait long for the scales as I was second to weigh in after Gary on peg 1 who had 14lb of skimmers which was good enough to give him second in the silvers and as 23 people were fishing today it meant he was going to get a pickup, Charlie Barnes on peg 3 on Lilly won the silvers with 15lb of skimmers, both of them caught on worm and caster .
My nets went 92.15 which was good enough for first on the day
2nd was andy hembrow on sellicks 8 with 77lb
3rd peanut on Lilly 2 with 76lb
4th mark leahay on sellicks 15 with 72.11
5th Martin addicott on Lilly 14 with 71.6
Another good match on what is sure to become more and more popular venue , as it's not a venue where it is   Possible to predict winning pegs, although some pegs do have a lot of history , the owners always make you welcome and the complimentary crisps and chocolate after the match are a nice touch.
Off to chilton trinity on Sunday for the last round of the short pole series, I do have one space available, so if anyone fancys it ring me at the shop to book in on 01179517250








No comments:

Post a Comment