Total Pageviews

Wednesday 6 August 2014

weds, pole only baitech viaduct

16 of us spread oround cambell today, so a bit of room for most, and with it being a pole only there aint no encroaching,
I was nearly first into the draw and ended up with 118 in my hand, not to dissapointed with that as 117 isnt in and its a bit further oit than 119 which today was inhabited by our latest silver ace in the shape of ziggy slowinski, who informed me that he was fishing for carp today, so the poind side bet was struck, nice and simple today with an out and out 8mm hard pellet attack, so 3 rigs assembled, one for on the deck at 6 and 14 mtrs, a shallow rig and a rig for down to empty peg 117.
At the start I began on the deck at 14 mtrs and it didnt take lomg for tje fizzing to start , on both the 6 and 14 mtr lines, but it didnt really start as I expected with the first hour only g7ving me 4 carp, lee peanut on 121 had begun well and was catching well on his 5 mtr line on pellet, and he seemed to be the only one catching,  I went out on the shallow rig and had a couple but it was difficult, I came in on the 6 mtr line and had 3 fish quickly then that went iffy, by now lee wherrett on 115 had begun to make his paste rig work but he was suffering lots of liners, the carp seemed to be hard to nail down, they were up in the water but hard to catch,
halfway through and a bit behind  I went down to the empty pallet on 117 and lost my first fish aroind the leg, so another rig was put together and I pulled a lot harder on the next fish which kited around and came out,  the last 2 hours were good with fish coming from the empty peg and oit in front shallow, lee on 115 had begun to catch on 115 on paste down his left hand margin,  I could also see fabio on 129 catching close on meat, lee peanut on 121 had slowed r7ght uo towards the end and by the end I new I had him at least beaten,  I wasnt sure aboit fabsy but I new lee on 115 had beaten me as he had had some proper lumps down his edge,
lee ended up with 221.4 for an easy win
2nd was me with 176.2
3rd and one fish behind was fabio with 170.10
4th p cannings on 127 with 155.1
5th p stevens  on 128 with 143.14
6th giles cochrane on 123 with 143.1

No comments:

Post a Comment