Total Pageviews

Thursday 17 July 2014

weds, match lake at viaduct fishery

At last a match with more than ten fishing, in fact it was sold out with 14 booked in,  unfortunately lee peticio was caught in the m5 carpark due to a lorry smash, and as far as I know he is still there, so only 14 fishing, I had to leave one peg out and steve reckoned 46 would be best, not that fabio agreed as he reckoned 39 was the worst and said he woukd be pleasure fishing on cary if he drew it (kids eh), but he didnt have to worry as I had the last ticket in the tin, and yes it was 39, I can still see fabios grin as he wheeled his kit to 41.
I drew this peg in the winter league last, and it was hard as I was last but one in the section, as had most people when they drew it, bit today is a different day and f7sh have fins and do have a nasty habit of moving about.
For company I had ziggy on my left on 40 and tourettes joe, s dad in the shape of the ever cheerful martin on 52, it may be hard to have to much conversation as ziggy whose english is passable but not the best, and martin who is a cokeny, talks jellied eels and pie and mash mostley, only occasionally lapsing into swear mode, and with turkey in between him and joe I hoped the didnt both get turkied today, as for turkey,  he seems to hafe piled on a few pounds of late , I hope mrs turkey isnt fattening him up for Xmas,  his travelling partner for today, john baker he was  a stuffed turkey.
back to my corner peg, I set up a margin peg to fish 8mm pellet over g bait, a meat rig for 4 and 13 mtrs and a depth (2 1/2 foot) for 16 mtrs with banded pellet over pellet.
at the start I began on the meat lines, and I did give it a good hour, but  apart from a couple of skimmers and f1, s nothing was really happening , I could see most people apart from dan white on 45 , but I could hear from the bankside chatter that he was catching well fishing he favoired slapping rig, also joe on 50 was swearing a few on fishing shallow, he was getting mre fish than turkey,  but the turks paste fish were bigger, also ivan oakey on 49 was catching well on paste, I had fed so, e g bait down the edge and there was a bit of mud coming up,  so I had a look and had 1 carp and lost one, it was a nice depth in the side about 15 inches, but there was a load of detritus on the bottom,  so I had to fish the bait off the deck, I had a few fish down there, but it wasnt brilliant, my best line so far had been the 16 mtr line, but with 2 hiurs to go and with some fish arriving in the peg , I lifted into a bite and the 16 mtr section snapped in half, how does that happen, but this is the 2nd 16 mtr poece I have snapped on this pole, and as far as I know I havnt dinked it, but you never know, and with the number 4 section I kicked and snapped before the srart, it was an expensive day, so I will be on the phone to garbolimo this morning to see how much its going to cost me .
so back oit and now fishing 14 mtrs, I soo began getting indications and a few bites,  but I tgoight I was miles off the pace, and to be honest I probably was as the fish are quite small,
first on the day went to dan white on 45 with 65.14 but it was a lot closer than I thought with mat tomes on 43 being just a bit of slime behind with 65.12, but he did have the top silvers weight of 35.8, catching mainly at 8 mtrs on pellet.
3rd and 1 fish away was ivan oakey on 49 with 63lb
4th the gimp 52.8
5th john (the mcmahon masher) turkey thompson with 52.4
6th joe mcmahon 44.11
I did manage a section pickup as I had 1st and 2nd in my section plus the silvers default winner in the shape of the gimp, so 4th in section but a pickup lol, with 43lb exactly
off to landsend again next weds for the 16 quid open, so book in with me at the shop on 01179517250 ar with mike at the fishery on 07977545882,  it will be a 10am draw fish 11.15 to 5.15

No comments:

Post a Comment