Total Pageviews

Sunday 20 July 2014

short pole series round 2

Back on woodland lake at chilton trinity again for this match, its only 2 weeks since it opened from its brush with khv, but it has been getting better and better since reopening so we were hopeful that it would fish ok, misha told me there had been catches of up to 45 carp in the last week, so the signs were promising,  24 fishing this series but as we can only use a pole to the 6th section there would be no problems woth encroaching into others swims, misha drew for me and pulled out 24 for me which I quite fancied as it was at the windy end of tje lake, I had tom (west) mangnall on 23 and mike nicholls on 25 , so good company.
I set up a pellet rig to fish at depth at 6 mtrs, a margin rig for pellet and a paste rig for 6 mtrs, at the start I cupped some 6mm pellets at 6 mtrs and some pellets down the margin to my left and right, by the time I had cleaned my glasses and put a pellet in the band , my 6 mtr line was a mass of fizz. I went 8n and had a couole of liners then 15 mins in I had a sensible skimmer,  followed by a couple more, by the end of the first hour I had 1 carp and 3 mre skimmers, I had lost a couple of foulers, but with the strong and gusty wind blowing in and across the rig was getting pushed through and into fish, so a switch to the paste rig, helped to keep the rig still but foulers and liners were still a problem, I was kicking myself a bit for not settimg uo a shallow rig,  especial as shaun townsend over on 10 was gettimg a few up in the water, but it probably helped with the wind comimg off that bank and up towards us, with 2 hiurs to go I was miles behind with 4 carp and my few skimmers,  I had looked down the edge earlier in the match but got pestered by snots, even on 8mm pellet, tom to my right habnt caught a carp and mike to my left had a couple, but he had been targetting his favoured plippy roach and had been doing well,  opposite was dave Evans,  leon hubbard,  steve seager,  climt  wojtyla,  shaun townsend,  martin rayett alk gettimg a few , so with 2 hiurs to go I dropped tje margin pellet rig back in and so began an enjoyable last 2 hours , I had 14 carp in that time all on 8mm pellet over loose fed 8,s, I thought I may have 80lb plus at the end , only the scales would tell.
1st on the day went to shaun townsend with 121lb exactly off peg 9 he had some shallow Iin the first couple of hours,  then he had a nice run of fish down his right hand margin on corn in the last hour
2nd was me with 106.5
3rd paul elmes on peg 30 with 105.6
4th chris fox on 29 with 87.8
5th steve seager on 13 with 79.3
6th leon hubbard on 14 with 73.12
silvers
clint wojtyla on 11 with 18.6 of skimmers and roach
so it fished really well considering the problems its had,  which is pleasing as its owned and run by a nice family who have worked really hard to get it to where it is now and dont deserve bad luck.
off to landsend on weds and if anyone fancies it we are running another open on woodland next week but it is an anything goes match, so to book in on iether ring me at the shop to book in on 01179517250

No comments:

Post a Comment