Total Pageviews

Wednesday 2 July 2014

ivy house new canal

Anotger poor showing for a wednesday match,  only 8 fishing today.
I travelled up with fabio and aaron britnell, fabio was glad of the rest as I mainly took the piss out of aaron all tge way there.
As normal we had we were treated to one of karens breakfasts, and as she mainly uses local produce it was very nice. We drew at 10 and I had the last but one ticket, so oit comes peg 4, which isnt the permanent pegs as we re pegged to give everyone a bit of room, I was nearly halfway up just as it starts to widen out, it was 14 mtrs to the far bank whereas martin lenaghan to my left who needed 17 mtrs to get tight over, unfortunately he doesnt have enoigh sections for that. To my right was john(turkey) thompson, so at least the fish would have a bit of a feed today, I set up several pellet rigs today as I was going to base most of my attack around loosefed 6, s with a banded 8mm on the hook,  2 rigs for over, one up the shelf next to the reeds and one just down the shelf, a stalker rig, and one for 6mtrs, I did set up a margin rig for dead maggots, but after several attempts to catch on it during the day, I never had a bite on it , so that was a waste of a hook and some line then !!!!!.
I started on the 6 mtr line and I gave it an hour whilet feeding with a catty towards the far side, the first hour didnt really amount to much, all I had was one small carp, one roach a skimmer and 2 tench,
the majority of the match was spent on and around the far bank it wasnt as good as the last time we fished here, probably due the bright hot sunny conditions,  I had enough bites to keep me interested, but it was hard to keep fish coming,  tim clark , three to my left was doing the best, catching small carp quite steadily,  going into the last hour , as far I could see, I reckoned I was going to be 2nd , but then martin to my left caught three big carp down the middle , it was going to be close. Tim clark won with 64.8,
luckily I had just enough small carp to give me 49.4 which was just enough to edge martin into 3rd as he had 45.12
4th aaron britnell with 42.12
5th john thompson 33.9
6th andy curry 17.10
silvers went to fabio which was no suprise really as he was the only person fishing for them with 17.8, just about winning enoigh to cover the cost of the worm and caster.
Next Wednesday I am fishing a match at windmill fishery that shaun townsend is running , its a 2pm draw fishing 3 till 9 probably, could be interesting,  and on sunday its the 4th round of the float only league at landsend,  and the following sunday I am running a match at chilton trinity on wildmarsh, rimg me at the shop to book in.

No comments:

Post a Comment