Total Pageviews

Sunday 22 June 2014

viaduct individual league final round

This was the last round of this popular fixture,  with 55 fishing it is always a bit difficult to keep all the pegs occupied for all rounds , but paul and steve did a good job ensuring all pegs were filled for the whole series, even today with the pools paid there were still people missing, I can understand mike west and tom mangnal going to summerhayes , the pegs are a bit closer, so they woukd have more chance of drawing 2 pegs and still being able to hold hands lol.
back to todays match and I really needed a good draw to give ma a first or second in section, giving me a good chance of getting into the overalls. I like to get in early to draw as all the good and pegs are in there,  in goes my hand and oit comes 59, which is the first peg up the right hand bank of lodge lake , a nice peg with a good left hand margin under a tree, for company I had andy power on 57 and clint wojtyla on 60, hopefully he wouldnt be to much in the kiss of death department today,  and with marc jones on 53 it may be a bit hard to secure a section win, i set up a margin rig for under the tree, a deep and shallow/stalker rig and a paste rig, which I tried just once then slung it up the back.
All rigs apart from tje paste rigs had a b960 on .16 for banded 8mm. At the start I began firing 6, s oit to 14 mtrs and fed some 8, s by hand down under the tree, even though there some fish on the surface they were hard to spot, even though I did manage to stalk a few , but it was hard as the light was all wrong,  I caught them mostly by watching for the slight wakes made by movimg fish and trying to judge the distance to slap the pellet in front of the fish, I got it right a few times, bit I am sure I would have had several more if the light had been right.i only managed a handful stlaking, with most of my fish taken on the depth pellet rig , and several from under the tee in the last couple of hours, i also had a few decent skimmers, I thought I had at least 140lb, my omly theat was from mr power who never had a carp till about 3 then proceeded to end uo with aboit 15 by the all out at 5,
my net went 160lb exactly f8r a section win with andy coming second in the section with 121.12 and marc jones was third with 104.12.
on the day the match was won by mash on 98 with 250.4, catching all but 2 fish on tge straight lead and 11mm pellet
2nd andy neale on 81 with 220.7
3rd mustaffa preston on 97 with 208.5
4th steve seager on 94 with 187.10
5th steve tucker on 110 with 177.15
6th mark wynne on 132 with 169.2
7th me with 160lb
in all apart from the 3 weghts over 200lb the were still 23 other weights over 100lb,  excellent fishing by any standards
league overall
andy neale 5pts dropping a 2
steve tucker 5pts dropping a 5
tony rixon 6 pts
paul elmes 8pts
paul blake 9pts dropping a 5 but with 546lb
bob giles 9pts droppingg a 5 bit with 462lb
as always these viaduct series are always well run and well attended , so well done to steve and paul
off to landsend on weds for a costcutter so ring me at the shop to book in, and off to shiplate for the next round of the avon angling float only, so any one reading this and cant make it,  please ring me and let me know asap ta8

No comments:

Post a Comment