Total Pageviews

Wednesday 4 June 2014

ivy house, new canal

Would have like to have seen a dozen here today , but Wednesday matches continue to be poorly attended, not sure what the answer is, I cant believe its just down to cost,  who knows. so only 8 were fishing, just a friendly knock up then.
After the normal tasty breakfast cooked by karen it was draw time, I had the last one left in the tin and oit comes peg 9, its the widest peg on the canal at nearly 17mtrs. I had fabio to my left and chris fox to my right,
there were a few fish on the top so I set up the stalker rig, set at 13 inches as fishery rules state there must be 12 incches between float and hook, rumour has it I fished 6 inches deep last weekend , but I never , must be the normal useless rumour mongers going into chinese whisper mode again, shame these people aint got the balls to say anything to the face of the people they targeting,  but they never do , do they, (pricks, sorry mum).
I wont say to much about the match as I had a very enjoyable day, I had one fish stalking in the first half hour,  bit tgey werent o happy to show themselves today, probabaly due to the torrential rain, which the weathermen actually forecast,  I had a couple of stockies at 11 mtrs on banded 6mm over catty fed 4, s, then spent the bulk of the rest of the , atch at 16 mtrs and occasionally 17 which took me up to the reeds across on the far bank where I fed 6, s and fished banded 8, s, I did try several times doen the margin and had 3 carp on corn , one of which was 8lb, the beauty of these canals is that you see exactly what is going on,  so by the end I thought I had done enough as I thought I had at least 90lb, I actually ended up with 111lb which was enough to win, second was ron hardiman on 3 with 73lb and fabio was third with 70lb, but he did win the silvers with 36lb of mainly skimmers, on worm and caster at 5 and 9 mtrs, chris fox was 4th with 65lb and shane turner 5th with 50 plus,  the venue seems to be going from strength to strength,  with well attended weekend matches and midweek costcutters, and with all the hard work andy and karen are putting in, I, m sure its going to be a success.

No comments:

Post a Comment