Total Pageviews

Sunday 29 June 2014

float only rnd 3 shiplate farm

With 40 fishing this league,  we were using both canals and the main lake, I fancied a draw on either canal or the far end of the main lake as the wind has been blowing that way for a few days, I let bela bakos  pull a peg for me and I ended up on peg 8 on main lake, right where I fancied,  for company I had jason radford on 7 and paul elmes on 9. Also I had drawn chris fox in tge knockout and as he was on 10, I had a good view of him so I could see how he was doing,
I set up 4 pole rigs, a shallow and deep pellet rig to fish at 14 and 16 mtrs,  a paste rig to fish over the same lines, a margin rig ti fish corn over dead maggot, and a wag rod to fish 8mm over towards the island, at tge start I fed all lines and began on banded 8mm over loosefed 6, s at 14 mtrs, the first hour didnt really go to plan I managed a 4lb carp a 4oz tench and a couple of skimmers. It became apparent that our corner of the lake wasn't goimg to be the place to be , paul to my left was struggling with only a couple of small silvers, jason had noth7ng as did steve seager on 9a and chris over on 10 had next to nothing,  looking down the lake the other end seemed to fishing better, everyone from jason down had fizzing in there pegs which even if you cant get a bite at least you know something is there,  the 4 of us at this end had no bubbles at all, I tried the wag and had 3 small chub, not the hoped for carp, I never had much to talk about really, I managed 5 carp, one on pellet on the pole at the start, 2 down the edge on corn and a coiple of late ones on the wag, one of which was fouled in tje cheek, but I needed it as chris ended uo with 4 carp, so that fouler was probably needed, he did suggest I return it, ye like thats going to happen.
I had no chance of picking up taday as kev molten round on 6a had 7 carp and a grassie, so I had to settle for secomd in section with my 31lb, but it was enough to get me throigh the k/o, and I think I would have had enough without it, as for wantimg to be at this end of the lake I couldnt have been mkre wrong as tom mangnall on peg 1 won on the day with 101.9, caught mainly on the pelletwag oit on the corner of the island
2nd and just a few scales behind was glen(2pots) bailey on peg 2 with 100.5. Which was a good result off this peg.
3rd shaun townsend on peg 13 with 87.9, which included a near 13lb grass carp
4th ed wynne on 15 with 74.8
5th tim ford with 71.7 off hawthorn peg 4
6th gordon canning on 15 hawthorn with 63.10
silvers
dave haines, s protégé in the shape of rich lacey won the silvers off peg 3 on the main lake with 10.14 of skimmers on soft pellet at 7mtr
2nd in silvers went to the old , master himself dave haines off west pool with 8.4
off to ivy house weds on the new canal, I still have a couple of spaces , so ring me at the shop to book in.
next sunday its off to landsend for round 4, so if anyone cant make it let me know asap so as I can get cover,
down at shiplate they seem to have a few to many white geese, I think steve and carol would be only to pleased to get rid of a few , so if anyone reading this is looking for some low maintenance gaurd animals, look no further just give steve a ring, ideal  time to get one and fatten it up for xmas,

No comments:

Post a Comment