Total Pageviews

Wednesday 30 April 2014

wes open , landsend fishery

We made this match a bit of a costcutter and only charged 16 quid, hopimg to attract a few more, it didnt happen as only 10 turned up, I will do it again in a fortnight's time , we will have to wait and see,
I vied with ron hardiman for the last ticket , and ended up on 11, which is a good peg, then again with only 10 here there wasnt a bad peg in the mix.
I set up a rig to fish bunches of maggots over groundbait down the edge, a meat rig fo 5 mtrs , a stalker rig and two pellet rigs , one for on top of the island shelf and another for over against the end bank.
at the start I fed all areas but began on the 5 mtr meat line.
It wasnt to good and the first hour only produced 2 small carp, and a perch, not what you want on the meat line really, so after an hour it was over to the island,  there were lots of fish over there but with only about 12 inches of water the fish were a bit spooky,  but by feeding 2 areas it was possible to keep the fish coming, but they were on the slightly small side. I never fished the meat line again,  the groundbait line down the edge only produced an ide and afew perch, I did see a nice ghostie over the groundbait but it never stopped long enough to catch, I did see it 3 or 4 times and I, m convinced it was the same fish, the end bank swim gave 4 quick fish then I snagged the bottom , so that was the end of that, I finished the match with 35 carp, bit with most on the small side I thought 130lb ish, the only other person I could see catching was tom thick on 5 , but in the end I had eniugh as my net went 149.11
2nd was tom with 109.10
3rd ed wynne on 15 with 102.2
4th ron hardiman on 24 with 84.8
5th dave Blakemore on 13 with
6th john Bradford on 17 with 53lb,  which included the top silver weight of 19.11
I am running a match here on bank holiday monday , its a 10 draw so ring me at the shop to book in

No comments:

Post a Comment