Total Pageviews

Wednesday 16 April 2014

weds landsend open

Another disappointing turnout today for a wednesday, only 8 turned up, the next eeds open is going to be a costcutter with only 16 quid pools, we will see if that bomt attract a few more, but I, m not convinced,
I had the last ticket today and ended up with peg 24 , the corner peg, although we had 16c temps forecast for today I never had the benefit of it as I was in the shade all day with the wind coming from behind, I had to sit with my fleece on all day whereas the anglers opposite were in short sleeves,
I set up meat rigs for doen the edge,  and one for 5 and 13 mtrs as it was the same depth, a pellet rig for 14 mtrs up the edge tight in against the bank in 2 feet of water, a stalker rig as there were a few about sunbathing plus they seemed to have a bit of a taste for cherry blossom, which was blowing onto the surface,
also the stalker would double up as a shallow rig against the edge,
at the start I began on meat at 13 mtrs and hooked a 10lb fish which I played for a while as it was my first fish, probably gave it to much respect as I t fell off as I was going to net it, I stayed on the 13 mtr line and had 3 carp and 2 perch in the first hour but it wasnt hectic, the surface fish were staying out of range mainly,  but occasionally ome came into range and I did get a few during the match,  but I had more fishing along the end bank, , looking around no one apart from tom thick on peg 6 was catching well , on whatever he chose to do, pellet dapping, meat at 5 mtrs and pellet over to the island, at the end tom had 34 carp and double figures of silvers so he was going to be a clear winner,  I had 21 carp and a few skimmers which normally goes 100lb so hopefully it would be enough for second.
tom came out an easy winner with 195.6
I was second with 109.8
3rd gordon Cannings on 16 with 84.4
4th ron hardiman on 11 with 72.8
5th mike west on 19 had 64.1
silvers went to the gimp on peg 21 with 24.4 which was 5 skimmers and lots of small perch
I am running an open here on monday , so if you want to fish ring me at the shop to book in or ring mike at the fishery on 07977545882

No comments:

Post a Comment