Total Pageviews

Sunday 20 April 2014

short pole series, rnd 1 chilton trinity

On woodland lake for this series of 4 matches, only pole lengths up to your number 6 allowed with no long lining allowed, 24 fishing and 6 peg sections for points, with the weather forecast I , along with everyone wanted to draw on the far bank, as that meant the wind would be off our backs and with heavy rain due later in the day, a far bank swim would be nice,  I ended up on peg 9, on the far bank, nice.
I had steve seager on 8 and jerry pocock on 10.
I kept it simple today , a .6g rig for banded pellet at 7 mtrs (the max allowed) ,also it would do for the close meat line at 4 mtrs, and a .3g rig for meat each side in the margins. At tje start I began on the pellet lime feeding 6, s, I didnt have to wait long for a bite and was soon playimg my first carp, which I was sure was hooked in the right place, but it fell off, the fish seemed to have a bit of a mumch today, but hooking them properly was the problem,  being the lake is 6 foot deep, nailing them down at a constant depth can be hard, unless they come shallow, but not today, so it was a case of losing a few and  catching a few, paul(the drawbag) elmes was doing the best as far as I could see, catching down his right hand margin, most people on our bank were catching a few, whereas the anglers opposite were really struggling,  mainly due to the gale blowing into there faces , steve on 8 was getting some nice fish on paste, he started catching so well at one stage chris fox on 7 set up a paste rig snd had a few, by the end it looked to be a 2 horse race between paul elmes and trig up on 13,
I ended up with about 13 carp and a few skimmers which went 72lb, steve seager had 80lb nearly, chris had 85 and paul had 111lb I thenk for first
 Trigger was second one fish behind with 107 and chris was 3rd, I, m not sur as to the top 6 as I took a pic of  the weigh sheet on my phone m tgen the phone decided to stop working, mike nicholls or chris fox will have the full results on there blogs,
off to landsend tomorrow I hope it doesnt rain again

No comments:

Post a Comment