Total Pageviews

Monday 21 April 2014

monday open , landsend fishery

This was the usual bank holiday open , and with 17 booked in mike let us use the match lake and the left hand bank of number 3 lake, with the pegs spread out I didnt really mind where I drew, but I wasnt best pleased when I pulled peg 51 on the top lake, not the best of draws , but with fish having fins and being able to move about, you never know.
walking past the match lake , some things never change , paul elmes on 21 , tom mangnal on 1 , trig on 24, adrian clark on 19, so after giving them all a bot of abuse on the way, I wandered up to my peg,, and lo and behold I could see plenty of fish on the top mooching about, so I set about making some rigs up,  meat fig for 5 mtrs(never used). 2 pellete rigs for up and down the island shelf(never used), and a meat rig for the margins(never used), and a stalker/slapping rig  (used all day), at the start I fed all lines and began on the stalker, rig with a banded 8mm pellet, the first hiur was good with 10 fish falling ti this method, I kept feeding 6mm pellet to the island , and was more than happy to keep some fish slurping up against the grass, I kept catching odd fish for the first 4 hours , then the sun went in , and fish spotting became difficult,  so I used the same rig and kept slapping and feeding by the island,  so I caught right to the end, ending up wit approximately 45 fish with lots of them in the 6 to 9lb bracket,  I thought I may be over the net limit in one net but it turned out I was over in 2 of my net , I weighed 252.1 for first on the day(just lol), but would have had closer to 300 if I had got another net out of the bag
2nd was tom mangnall on peg 1 with 86lb
3rd clint wojtyla on peg 13 with 85lb
4th dave Westcott on 55 with 77.2
5th rod Wootten on 42 with 69.7
6th ed wynne on 11 with 65.8
silvers
martin pettiffer on peg 5 with 42lb of msinly f1, s

No comments:

Post a Comment