Total Pageviews

Wednesday 19 March 2014

weds open , emerald fishery

I can see this venue becoming a firm favourite with anglers in this area, its got several lakes , all stuffed with fish of all species,  its been popular of late for silvers only matches on emerald main lake , wger weights above 90lb have been recorder lately,  but for today's match with 20 of us fishing and it being an ordinary match with carp counting , alan let us use sapphire and ruby lakes, so plenty of room, I waited for the last ticket in the bucket, I wasnt to worried where I drew as I had never fished either lake, so peg 19 came out, which was 2 in on the far bank of sapphire,  I had dave Blakemore on 20 and mark leader on 18, but with no one having any real idea as to what to expect, I planned on an out and out pellet attack,  so I set up a rig to fish at depth and a shallow rig and a rig for meat down the edge.
at the start I began on the depth rig with a banded 8mm pellet over loosefed 4, s, most people including me started at 6 mtrs, and most stayed there or closer, my first fish was an 8oz goldfish then some small carp and tench obliged, 30 mins in and I was reaching for tge shallow rig, that produced a few carp but they didnt stay shallow for to long,  I was soon catching some sensible sized rudd,  but I didnt really want them as kedgey opposite was catchimg roach steadily, so tgat looked to be the lake silvers sorted.  I went back on the depth rig, but I spead the shot to try and get some on the drop aswell, I ended up having an enjoyable match catching small carp fairly regularly,  a switch to 6mm feed pellets seemed to help aswell,  but I stuck with the 8mm in the band.mat tomes seemed to be a clear leader for most of the day, catching on his topset and one , fishimg 2 lines one with meat and one with pellet, snd he caught well on both lines,  tom tgick just round the corner from mat was also catching well on pellet.  Mark to my right fished meat all day and I thought he had beaten me, I had more fish byt his seemed to be a bigger stamp, sapphire seemdd to be the lake to draw , as ruby seemed a bit harder but still looked to be plenty of fish comimg out, my margin meat line wasnt a complete waste of time as I did get 6 slightly better fish on it, the lakes fished really well with mat tomes up on 15 maintaining his lead and coming out on top with 129.2
2nd was me with 110.3 peg 19
3rd mark leader 104.2 peg 18
4th tom thick peg 16 100.6
5th steve tucker peg 4 on ruby with 90.13
6th steve kedge on 12 with 87.3 and he had the top silver weight of 40.6 of mainly roach caught close on caster.
it was good fishing with us catching 1,318lb of fish caught giving us an average weight of 65 1/2lb , brilliant sport by any standards.  Looking forward to sunday already,  when ee are down there again but with 30 booked it may not fidh quite the same

No comments:

Post a Comment