Total Pageviews

Sunday 2 March 2014

viaduct winter league rnd 4


  • This is the penultimate round in this popular amd well run league, and 95 fish ot so it is a good match, it was my turn on lodge lake today, which I don't mind as its a float only section, mainly due to the shape of the lake which is triangular, I fancied drawing a corner peg as the carp normally shoal up under the bushes in these swims, so into the draw and out comes draw sequence 8, which put me on peg 56 which is in the middle of the carpark bank, not to upset as it has been producing some carp on meat on the wag, and some skimmers on caster over ground bait. So I set up 10 inch drake peacock wag with a 16 b960 on .16 for hair rigged meat , a 4x14 pole rig for skimmers and a .2g for down to my left with meat to the empty pallet,  
  • at the start I cupped in some groundbait at 14 mtrs for the skims,and some caster amd meat down to the empty pallet, then threw out the wag with a 10mm piece of meat on the hair, I didnt have to wait long as I had a bite first chuck which ended with a near 10lb carp safely in the net,, followed by a slightly smaller one by the end of the first 30 mins, in all fairness that was my day mapped out for me really, I did try the skimmer line on the pole,  but only had one small roach, which was strange as skimmers were rolling all over the middle of the lake, but no one really strung any together as 10lb was top silver weight on the lake, also after a brief look down the margin with no indication that was also binned, so I spent the biggest part of the match on the wag and meat, I ended up with 11 carp amd a tench for what I hoped would go 80lb plus , so I was pleasantly suprised when the weight was called out at 101.11,  it wasnt enough to win the lake as dave romaine up on the monk peg had 14 carp amd a tench on meat at 16 mtrs towards the end bank for 113lb,
  • 1st on the day went to chris Sandford on peg 115 with 166.8 of meat caught carp on the lead
  • 2nd mike williams on 116 with 160lb
  • 3rd dave romain on 64 with 113.2
  • 4th tony rixon on 56 with 101.11
  • 5th adrian jeffery on 86 with 101.2
  • 6th dick bull on 80 with 93.8
  • silvers
  • clint wojtyla on unfancied peg 12 on spring lake with 25.6
  • the team had a better day today coming joint 4th with 60 points so now we have reached the dizzy heights of joint 14 in the league, I think we may have left it a bit late to moint a push for the top, we re only about 80 points off the top lol

No comments:

Post a Comment