Total Pageviews

Wednesday 22 January 2014

weds silvers open , viaduct fishery

I picked tom thick up in shepton Mallet today , then it was off to the junction cafe, where I think the lady cooking may be after a piece of young thomas, if the size of the brekkie she put together is anything to go by, we left there proper stuffed.
Just a quick mention for mark(the rule bender)bush, a customer of mine who never gets a mention, and he was feeling left out, so there you go mark.
off to the fishery, and it was a well attended affair with 16 booked in, aaron britnell was booked in but he remembered on tues night that he had a dentist appointment weds morning,  I think it was more likely he lost his bottle when he found out I was pickin tom up, and he was a bit scared of bumping into toms sister as he has been giving her some stick on face book.
Into the draw and out comes peg 10 on spring, I really wanted to be oon  one of the four pegs on middle lake as it has been solid with skimmers recently. And with people like tom thick,  andy power and dave roper on there we were always going to be up against it, for company I had Somerset anglings silver ace steve kedge on peg 11,  tom thick was on my peg at the weekend and had just short of 15lb so I expected some action. I set up two rigs,  a4x12 and a .5g both wi an 18 6313 on .10.  Two lines today for g bait,  11 and 14mtrs and a a caster line down by the monk for roach and perch, at the start I cupped in 3 balls at 11 mtrs and 4 at 14, then began on the short caster line 20 minutes and no bites it was out to 11 mtrs where the small roach were queuing  up , no skimmers though, it was a difficult match for steve and me , coulbnt get away from the roach , I did get 5 skimmers but they were catching well on pegs 2 and 3 and on middle lake, and by the end it was obvious I wasnt going to do any good today, in fact first today was vince brown on peg3 with42.3 where he had skimmers over g bait
2nd tom thick on 38 with37.12
3rd mark harper on peg 2 with 37.7
4th s powell on 33 with 31.13
5th dave roper on 37 with 29.13
6th gary webber on 4 with 28.4
I was tenth with 17.14,  the onky money I won was the quid off kedgey ad he only had 15.15,  but he did lose 10 foul hooked skimmers ,

2 comments:

  1. I did not lose 10 foul hooked skimmers. They was all hooked in the mouth but I shook 'em off so as not to embarrass the rest of my section by winning it by too great a margin. 'Ow did you fare in your section young Tonington?

    Kedgy

    ReplyDelete