Total Pageviews

Sunday 19 January 2014

viaduct winter league, round 1

First match in this 95 prg series today, and the draw today determine your sequence of sections, I ended up on e section which is spring lake, and my home for the day was peg 18, which can be a good skimmer peg, and I had the option of the island, which can give up carp on its day, for company I had nigel easton on 19 and a welsh tourist in the shape of Richard aherne on 17.
With little or no wind I decided on a wag to the island to fish maggot on the drop as close to the island as I could get it !!!, and as for the pole it was a one rig job to fish maggots or caster over ground bait at 14 mtrs, at the start I cupped in 6 balls on 2 lines at 14 mtrs, and by the time I had finished cupping in Andy power on 16 was playing a lead caught carp, and that was to set the pattern for our section as he ended up winning the section with 80 plus pounds,  my match turned into a proper struggle with the skimmers refusing to play ball on our lake and apart from andy on our sibe of the lake it was only odd carp being caught,  I needed a carp to get sensible points and luckily I managed one on the wag, bi aldo lost a couple of foulers, but I was only briefly attached to them, nigel managed one carp and a few skimmers , the same as me , whereas Richard ended up with three, bone on the lead and two on the wag, the bulk of the lakes carp seemed to be round thevither side on the low numbers with nick ewers returning the top weight on the day with 158lb , all taken on popped up bread on the lead out by the island.
I ended up with 17.7 for seventh in the section, do the carp was definitely needed, I didnt wait for the final results,  but either ken rayner or mike nicholls will put the section sheets on there blog

No comments:

Post a Comment