Total Pageviews

Sunday 5 January 2014

Landsend league round 3

Going into this match and nothing but a section win would do to keep me in touch with the leaders,  a draw on pegs between 31 and 34 would be needed as this is where the fish have shoal end up for the winter, into the draw and I couldn't have drawn any further away, peg 40 which is end peg at the other end , GREAT. Oh well , Paul elmes had drawn it a couple of weeks ago and had some carp down his left hand margin, so I set up a rig for that, another for up the right hand margin, both of these rigs  was to fish caster, and another to fish on the deck at 14 mtrs, with soft pellet over micros, Tom thick drew flying peg 33 so I wasn't expecting him to make any mistakes, and with Clint wojtyla on 34, Paul elmes on 36, and mark Brennan on 37 ,5th in section was looking to be my best result, so that is definitely my series finished, I new it was going to be hard when I fouled a ten pound common  while sorting my rig out before the start, never a good sign.
After that I haven't got to much to report really as I had an 8lb fish and an f1 in the first hour, and apart from two more f1,s during the the match that was all I landed , I did lose 6 carp but at least 4 of those were foul hooked, it was almost impossible to get any indications or bites of any sort, when the float did go under it seemed to be passing fish mooching along well off the deck, I did try my margin rigs in the deep water but to no avail, even a spread shot rig didn't give any bites, it just seems there are hardly any fish at this end, opposite on 25 dave hodgson never had a bite till an hour from the end , when ha had a small tarp and an f1, next to him on 26 don Sutherland on 26 was gone well before the end with only two small perch to his name , and next to me on 39 tony thick, father on Tom ended up with 2 perch and a small carp down the edge, I don't have the top 6 as I left before the results , but Craig Edmunds won with 145lb off peg 11 fishing maggot over caster towards a dead reed bed in peg 10, Tom thick was second on 33 with 95lb, as for the rest if you look on ken rayners blog , he will put the weigh sheets on there,
Off to viaduct on Wednesday for a silvers match on spring and Cary lakes, so that should be good, next Sunday I am running one on the sedges tile lake , I still have a couple of spaces so ring me at the shop to book in if you fancy it

No comments:

Post a Comment