Total Pageviews

Wednesday 13 November 2013

Silvers match, Cary lake , viaduct fishery

A disappointing turnout today with only ten booked in, I thought a few more would have showed as its a good practice for the silvers league on Sunday, perhaps it's just the cost as the cost cutter tomorrow will no doubt have 20 or so in attendance.
So into the draw tin and out comes 94 which is in the corner , I thought about having a bit of a moan, as you dothen thought better of it as it has been a consistent peg so far in the series, not necessarily a match winner but always good for a reasonable weight, for company I had nick collier on 96 and I had sit and look at Wales,s answer to anorexia in the ample shape of Firenzee,s andy Neale on 88,
Although we had the first proper frost of the year I wasn't going to do to much(if anything) differently today so I mixed up a kilo of sensas lake/gimps gold groundbait, then put three rigs up, a 4x12 and a .4g for using at 11 and 14 mtrs in front and a 4x12 for the margins as some big perch and good hybrids can show along here.
At the start I cupped in a small ball,of lightly caster laced groundbait at 5 mtrs, 3 balls at 11 mtrs and 4 balls at 14, I also cupped in a good pot of casters off to my left at 14 mtrs as a bit of a wasted line , but again the skimmers can be more inclined to settle over a bed of casters as opposed to crumb, but I never had so much as a dip on the float over that so no more on that line,
I started on the 5 mtr line and stayed with it for The first 30 mins but never had so much a wobble on the float so that was a waste of a ball of crumb and some casters, andy opposite was getting small fish as was nick next door but they were small .
I went out to 11 mtrs on caster and was soon getting small roach then a couple of decent skimmers, but that line soon dried so it was out to the 14 mtr line where I had a couple more skimmers and roach before that dried aswell so I refed the two lines and had a quick look down the edge where I lost a good fish and had a roach then nothing , most of the rest of the match was spent out at 14 mtrs where towards the end the skimmers fed a bit bit better and I had several reasonable ones in the last hour, I kept trying the 11 mtr line but apart from a few small roach and a bonus tench there was little doing there, I also kept trying the margins and I did get 2 good hybrids from there, by the end I thought I had 20 lb but Anton page over on 85 had a few fish aswell so it seemed to be between the two of us, in the end my late burst of fish was just a bit to much for Anton as I came out on top with 22.2
2nd Anton page on peg 85 with 20.01
3rd andy Neale on 88 with 16.14
4th was the fishery professional Paul greenwood on 77 with 14.8
5th nick collier on 96 with 14.6
6th dick bull on 78 with 13.8

4 comments:

  1. Nice to see the slimming club out having a knock-up :0)
    Mother Brown

    ReplyDelete
  2. He must have been looking in the mirror at the anorexic Welshman!!

    Yes, for those reading this who didn't know the truth!! Tony applecruncher Rixon really is Welsh!! a shock to some I know! Now you know why he secretly sheds a tear at the start of the six nations...
    Gymraeg ac yn falch

    ReplyDelete
  3. And not just for being welsh either!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Baaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa

    ReplyDelete