Total Pageviews

Sunday 10 November 2013

Landsend individual W/L round one

Ken Rayner has taken over the running of this popular league ,so an easy day for me, just have to pay my money queue up with everyone else and draw, there were 36 booked in so 12 on the first three lakes , split into two 6 peg sections for points,
Only 35 turned up as a certain ginger city fan who shall remain anonymous(ok it was Aaron britnell) wasn't where he should have been when I went to pick him up, which does annoy me and its not fair on the league organiser as it affects the payouts and points, and he would have been on peg 7, and during the day as there was no one on it most of the fish seemed to end up there jumping and splashing around,
As for myself I ended up on 24 which is in the corner of the match lake , a peg that has been terrible lately as the fish seem happier up towards the other end of the lake , from 19 back to 13 , but fish have fins and they do move about, for company I had Tom thick on 22 and I had to look at ken Rayner over on 1.
Several rigs were assembled , a rig to fish caster at 7 mtrs up the right hand margin and towards empty pallet 23, but apart from a few small perch to the right and not a bite to my left it was a wasted rig, so no more about that. Wasted bait then. A rig for caster at 4 mtrs and the same rig would do for soft pellet at 14 mtrs towards the island, a meat rig for 14 mtrs on the end of the tree and a hard pellet rig for 14 mtrs towards a stump up the right hand bank,
At the start I fed all lines with the relevant baits and began on the 4 mtr caster line , to say it was slow was an understatement as it took me 20 mins to get a fish and that was a 6oz perch, and by the end of the first hour I had only added a few small roach and a carp of about three pounds and an f1. Our end of the lake seemed to be fishing to form as Tom and ken were having it hard aswell, up on 19 and beyond there were some fish being caught so it was looking like the fish were still at that end,
I went out onto the soft pellet over soaked micro line , and found I couldn't see my float , due to the horrible reflection from the trees and bushes on the far bank, so I don't think I had a bite there but I would never have seen it if I had.
I decided to give the meat line a go and first drop I had a nice roach of about 6oz which fell off as I swung it, oh well.
Out again and I had a bit of a purple patch and had 5 carp in 5 put ins which put me back into contention as far as I could see, but apart from one more towards the end that was it for the meat lines, I did manage 5 more on pellet against the end bank but felt I was always a couple of fish behind to do any good in my section, especially as my fish were a bit on the small side, as you seem to catch small resident fish on these pegs. As it turned out apart from the residents I caught our end fished hard with ken opposite only managing 5 pounds and Tom next door having ten,
The lake was won by Paul elmes on 19 ( that peg again ) with 67lb meaning Adrian Clark on 15 had 55lb and I had 54.2, a bit more time spent catching small roach and perch. Would have done it,
I don't have the full result as there was a bit of roast beef with my name on it waiting for me , but ken should have all the weigh sheets on his blog, top weight as far as I know was Tom mangnall up on 55 with 80odd pound , catching on banded pellet , dave (beany) Westcott on 31 had just over 70lb as did Craig Edmunds but I,m not sure which had the most, it was a hard day for most probably due to all the rain we have had , lowering the water temps,
Off to viaduct weds for a silvers match and back down there on Sunday for the 4th round of the silver fish league.

No comments:

Post a Comment