Total Pageviews

Sunday 20 October 2013

Two days at viaduct

Saturday and Sunday at viaduct , silvers final on Saturday and round two of the silvers league on Sunday. Nearly 50 fished on Saturday with all the silver winners from the year eligible to fish, into the draw tin and out pops 128 which is next to the spit on cambell, not been to good for silver of late but they have fins and can move, for company I had dan squires on 127 and Len Hubbard on 129 which is the other side of the spit, which has been the kiss of death recently and today was going to be no different for him, I,m not going to say to much about today's match as I had my ass well and truly tuned by dan , who ended up with 54lb of mainly tench caught short on caster over a mix of loose fed maggots caster with a bit of chopped worm, the match and the winners £750 was won by Luke sorokin on97 with 54.8
2nd dan squires on 127 with 53lb
3rd bob gullick on123 with 35.10
4th Paul greenwood on 125 with 33.6
5th steve kedge on 88 with 32.15
6th Gary etheridge on 98 with 30.4
Myself I ended up with 28.1 which was mainly skimmers over groundbait at 8 and 11 metres, but. I did manage two tench on the short 4 mtr line
Sunday silvers league round 2
53 fishing today and a better draw today as I pulled out 98 which is next to the winning peg from yesterday , for company I had mat tomes on 97 and Mohamed Preston on 99, again I fed groundbait on two lines ,11 and 14 mtrs with a few casters in, I also fed one ball at 4 mtrs, in the first 45 mins I did get two skimmers on the 4 mtr line but apart from a few small roach that was all I managed from there, I spent most of the match swapping between the two long lines with the 14 mtr line being the most productive, catching some nice skimmers on single caster, I ended up with an estimated 40lb, but with several people having caught well it was going to be tight, but when the scales reached me nick Collins was winning with 39.10 off peg 111 on cambell having had 15 tench plus a few skimmers, I put my fish on the scales and they went 40.2 just enough for first on the day, shame it was aday late,
Nick was second with his 39.10
3rd steve mayo on 70 with 37.6
4 th mark Brennan on 129 with 36.2
5 th steve kedge on 128 with 36.1
6th bob gullick on78 with 35.2

No comments:

Post a Comment