Total Pageviews

Sunday 13 October 2013

Sunday open plantation horse shoe lake

20 booked in for today which is about the limit on this lake due to its shape, after a breakfast at the fishery , which I must say was very good for a fiver. I had the lat ticket in the draw and ended up on peg 6 which today was about halfway up on the left, I had no island to fish to but there is a shallow bar in front with about 10 inches of water on top of it, so I set up a rig to fish at 11 mtrs in front at the bottom of the shelf, another to fish in a channel to my left before another bar and a margin rig, I had stu barnett to my right and darren(goose fat) vowels to my left, opposite was mike nicholls and Martin lenaghan, at the start I cupped in some maggot and micro at 11 mtrs, some corn and micro in the gap between the bars and some maggot and micro in the left hand margin, starting at 11 mtrs I missed a couple of bites, and mike by now was playing his first carp , and he was playing his second before I hooked my first on double maggot, and by the end of the first hour I had 3 and I think mike had 4, the anglers either side were struggling as was Martin lenaghan.
I switched to gap between the bars and had a couple more carp there on corn, maggot wasnt doing so well now as the micro roach had switched on, I had a look in the margin but only managed to scare one judging by the boil as the culprit exited the area, mike had also slowed down and was on 7 fish, Martin hadn't got the mark as yet and stu to my right was targeting the eel population, the ain had started by now and the weather men got it right as it was pouring down and it was due to keep falling for hours, and it did, but I was mainly dry under my brolly, the middle couple of hours were really hard and all I could muster were two skimmers on the corn line, with two hours to go I saw a carp up on the bar in front of me so I cupped in some dead mags and micros, I went down the edge on treble maggot and I had a carp, then I noticed a mud plume out on the bar so I shallowed the margin rig to about 12 inches and went out on the bar, I hooked a fish quickly but it dropped down over the bar and came off, so I changed the hook to a 16 middy 8313 on .18 so I could give the fish a bit of stick, and by feeding after each fish on the bar and down the edge the last two hours were enjoyable , I ended up with about twenty carp with a couple of near doubles in the net I reckoned on 70lb plus , and when the scales arrived they ended up going. 80.2 for first on the day
2nd was mark Walsh on peg 20 with 55.3
3rd Paul elmes on 1 with 51.12
4thcraig Edmunds on 16 with 50.12
5th fabio on 9 with 40.1
6th mike nicholls on19 with 35.3
Silvers went to clive federry on 14 with

2 comments:

  1. I witnessed another master class. Where were the young contenders! Well done matey, good to watch.

    ReplyDelete