Total Pageviews

Sunday 27 October 2013

Sunday open ,landsend fishery

This was meant to be a MFS match booked by ken Rayner but he struggled to fill it with members so he turned it into a normal open, 22 booked in but ken miscounted and put 23 tickets in the draw , 21 wasn't drawn and with trig on19 there looked to be only one winner today, I drew for myself today and ended up on 17, I saw rod wootten in shipham cafe and he drew it on Saturday and came second off it with 70 odd pound, with most of his fish falling to pellet against the island, we were due some strong winds today but with it blowing off the field it wasnt going to be a problem,  four rigs today,a meat one for 5 mtrs, a margin for meat over groundbait and a couple of pellet rigs for over by the island, one up on the shelf and the other at the bottom of the island shelf.
After feeding the pellet and meat lines and putting three pots of g bait down the margins it was out on pellet on the deeper rig, virtually first drop I had a tench , then a carp, trig by now was already ahead fishing pellet on the deck down the shelf, and looking around most people were catching from the off,
I was getting a few liners when I fed so I got off my box and made a shallow rig but it never produced a single bite which suprised me a bit as I was getting plenty of liners and a few foulers, so an hour in and it was out with the on top of the shelf pellet rig, but leaves were a bit of a problem as there is a bush in the water just to the right against the island and with the increasing wind the leaves were blowing against the island and wedging against the bush so it wasnt long before it was impossible to get right into the island, and to make matters worse trig was now catching over to the island and getting no leaf problems as he was the other side of the islands gap and the leaves were blowing through the gap and into fabios peg on the other side. If I could lower my pellet in a gap between the leaves I would get a bite or indication so the fish were feeding , just no presentation . How is it when you hook a leaf and all the shaking wont dislodge it from the hook but when you unship to take it off its always come off, not to annoying then !!!!!!!.
I did try fishing 17 mtrs which just took me past the bush but that's to much like hard work even though I was catching odd fish, the margin meat line only gave me two carp and the 5 mtr line produced three, by far the best place was against the island , I think I ended up with about twenty carp and one tench for hopefully 90 lb, apart from trig who won on the day with 167.10 catching the bulk of his fish on pellet then topped up with 12 good fish in the last couple of hours on his meat line at 6 mtrs
2nd was Alan oram on 34 with 135.6
3rd was me with 112.5
4 th Tom mangnall on 13 with 101.11
5th mike duckett on 3 with 98.4
6th fabio on7 with 94.3, he would have had over 100lb bit he went 11lb over in us net WXXKER
Silvers
Mike west on 39 with 36.8 of perch chub and f1,s to 5 lb on worm and caster
Off down there on weds again so ring me at the shop to book in

No comments:

Post a Comment