Total Pageviews

Wednesday 4 September 2013

Weds landsend open

With 16 of us booked in today mike let us use the match lake and the far bank of the speci, with that much room I wasn't to bothered where I drew , in fact I let fabio draw for me and he gave me 29 on the speci. For company I had Martin lenaghan on 31 and Alan oram on 27. ,
I set up a couple of pellet rigs to fish just off the island and one to poke in tight against the mud under the overhanging plants, a meat rig for each side margin, a slapping rig and a pellet rig for on the deck at 5 mtrs, at the start I began firing 6,s to the far bank, and fed some meat and pellet in the various parts of my swim, the margin meat line was a waste during the match as all I could do was let roach turn the cubes into little marbles,
Starting with the depth rig just off the island I was soon attached to and angry fouler, then after losing it and missing a couple of liners I went out with the shallow rig and soon had a nice double figure common in the net , swiftly followed  by the 5lb f1 which resides in the lake, but I can't bring myself to call it a silver so I stuck it in the carp net, but that was the end of the shallow fishing proper, with the overhanging foliage making it all but impossible to do it properly, if I could have weighed in nettles I would be winning, so it was onto the island depth rig about a metre off , fishing banded 8mm over 6,s fed by catty. There were plenty of fish mooching about so most of the rest of the match was spent lifting and dropping as close to the foliage as possible, I ended the match with 23 carp and a few silvers for what I estimated to be about 130lb,.
I would have had a bit more but I called all out and left my rig in and about 2 secs after I shouted I was attached to a big fish which turned out to be the 18 lb common which I have caught three times before, gutted as I watched it swim away out of the landing net, why couldn't it have taken the pellet 3 seconds earlier, I said to mike duckett who was stood watching that it would probably cost me today, I didn't know how the match lake had fished as it had been unusually quiet on there even with Tom thick in attendance, as it turned out gabe skarba on15 had won with 152.11 of mainly meat caught carp(I think)
2nd was me with 134.15( that fish would have done it then)
3rd mark leader on peg 7 with 118.11
4th Martin lenaghan with 117lb on  peg 31
5th Tom thick on peg 3 with 115.12 and he had the top silver weight of 17.10
6th Alan oram on 27 with 90.12

No comments:

Post a Comment