Total Pageviews

Thursday 26 September 2013

Viaduct , silvers only

With ring lake being used for this one the turnout was up on the normal Wednesday opens, 19 were fishing so steve spread us around spring with 37 and 38 on middle in the draw aswell, I travelled down with Ron hardiman and said the only pegs we needed to avoid really would be 6 and 20 , Ron got into the daw tin before me and pulled 20, then I went in and drew 6 , not what was needed today, but at least we were forecast a nice dry day, and it was interesting to see there are still some swallows   Flying around so we get an Indian summer yet. Getting to my peg which was an end peg on this bank today with the next peg to my left being peg 9 which was occupied by ziggy, in peg 7 and into the corner the surface was littered with carp which were idly swimming about taking odd floating pieces of food items, not what you need in a silvers match, on my right was Tim pallant on 5.
I mixed up some groundbait, the normal mix of gimps gold and sensas lake , and made three rigs, one for banded pellet and one for mag and caster to use over g bait at 11 and 14 mtrs, and another to fish caster to hand over caster which can be good for roach in the early part of the match, on the whistle I cupped in 6 balls on the 11 mtr line and 4 out at 14, began feeding on the short caster line and fired about a pint of pellets into the corner to try and encourage the carp to stay down there, starting on the short caster line I was suprised not to get a small roach first put in, in fact it took 5 mins to get a bite and that was it on the short line probably due to the plumes of mud coming up which wasnt from roach that's for sure, so that line was binned. It on my right was catching perch and roach on worm in his right hand margin, not big fish but plenty of them, the rest of the match was spent on the two long pole lines picking up odd decent skimmers and small roach which came on the drop, I had put some caster and 4 mm hard pellets in the feed so I did get some fish on hard 6mm and some on caster and maggot, but there was no pattern it was odd fish coming out of the blue, my section was from me round to peg 12 where mash was sat and when steve wandered round about halfway through I thought it was going to be the tightest section in the match. He also joked that we were going to get an inch of rain. And about two hours to go we did , it poured down and never stopped,
By the end it was obvious that no one in our section was going to frame so it was section or nothing
When the scales arrived ziggy was winning the section with 21lb, just a pound ahead of the venues
Silver expert Paul greenwood, I new it was going to be close , and was glad to plonk 23.11 on the scales, so the days costs were covered at least.
1st on the day on peg 18 was Scott russell with a nice net of skimmers for 46.1
2nd was mark poppleton on peg 38 in middle lake with 42.12
3rd dave romain on  peg 1 with 29.14
4th Tim pallant with 29.12 on peg 5
5th steve kedge on19 with 29.9
6th gabe skarba with 27.10 on peg 37
Anyone looking for a match on Wednesday there is one being run at landsend on match and speci, ring me at the shop to book in

No comments:

Post a Comment