Total Pageviews

Sunday 8 September 2013

Avon angling open, sedges , brick lake

20 fishing today so every peg was, this venue doesn't suffer because of it, in fact it seemed to help some venues and this is one of them, it's a square lake which is normally about 8 foot deep but as with most venues we need rain desperatley and the level was down about 18 inches but it still was 6 foot plus deep, I fancied peg 10 or 11, I waited till nearly the end to draw , in fact there was only two tickets left in the draw , there was only myself and glen  ( the spod ) bailey left to draw , he took a ticket and ended up on 10 and mine was peg 7, a good. Silvers peg with a chance of carp aswell, the chances of winning were also reduced as Craig Edmunds was on 11 and providing he tried this week it looked to be either him or glen would be the man to beat.
I set up three rigs today,  a pellet rig to fish banded 8,s over loose fed 6,s. a meat rig for 5 mtrs and a rig for corn or caster over caster in the margin, for company I had Martin McMahon on 6 and bela bakos on 8.
At the start I began at 14 mtrs on the pellet rig aswell as throwing some meat at 5 mtrs and some caster down the edge, it was a bit of a slow start , bela was catching early on on paste and Martin was also catching on the method, although I was a few fish behind the anglers either side I soon began getting odd good bream on the pellet and occasional carp put in an appearance, I had a nice enjoyable match not really bagging but steadily putting skimmers and carp in the nets, bela slowed up after his good start but he did suffer quite a few skimmers. Dropping off mainly due to them flying about after they were hooked ,Martin stopped catching after he lost his lucky pellet. All the time glen on 10 and trig over on 11 had Been steadily  catching carp, glen on paste over his pellet mountain and trig over his normal 3 pieces of meat, two completely different feeding techniques but both effective .
By the end it was a two horse race between trig and glen but I fancied trig to edge it. As for myself I thought I had 40 lb of skimmers with a lot on pellet but several on the meat line at 5 mtrs,
First on the day went to Craig Edmund son 11 with 123.7 of meat caught carp at 14 mtrs in front and some up his right hand end bank
2nd and opposite him on 10 glen bailey had 116.14
3rd was me with 94lb which included. The top silver weight on the day with 44.12 of all skimmers
4 th Tom mangnall with 75.2 on peg 15
5 th Philip Harding on 16 with 69.11
6 th joe McMahon on 17 with 67.15
Off to viaduct on Wednesday for a match on the match lake with an overspill onto lodge if needed

No comments:

Post a Comment