Total Pageviews

Thursday 29 August 2013

Viaduct open, Campbell lake

This was a pole only with a 13 mtr limit, ok for most but those with daiwa pole had a bit of a moan as there's are only 12.7 with the tips taken out of the match kits, 0.3 can make all the difference lol.
With 17 originally booked in it looked like a nice match on this solid lake, but with a couple of our older anglers crying off with bad backs we ended up with 15, plenty of room so a good day in prospect.
Into the draw tin and out comes 116 , a good peg ,but then again every peg on this lake is a flyer on its day, for company I  had Philip blakemore-fox (fabio))on 115 and new Wednesday sliver Ron hardiman on 118, 117 wasn't in as its cut back in a bay so the empty peg would be beneficial, four rigs today, 3 for pellet, one in my right hand margin, a depth one for 13 mtrs and a shallow slapper, also the obligatory 5 mtr meat line rig.
I only had 8mm to feed and fish with, so nice and positive, at the start I shipped out the shallow rig fed a few pellets over it slapped it around a couple of times then went to throw some down the edge but didn't have time as the elastic was going across the lake, nice start an 8lb fish in the net , yet again this was a bit of a false dawn as I only managed one more small carp on the shallow rig , but I stuck with it for the first 45 mins, although you could see the occasional boil in the feed , I don't think they were to happy to feed shallow, possibly due to the bright sun and no wind, there seemed to be plenty being caught down the lake to my left with Tom thick on 114, mash on 112 and dave romain over on 130 all catching well, the anglers opposite me seemed to be struggling a bit.
I went out on the deep rig and although liners were a bit of pain I was now getting odd fish , fishing a light rig with only 2 number 10,s down the line lots of the bite were on the drop, fabio was having bit of a torrid but he was trying to fish meat at 13 mtrs but small fish became a bit of a problem very quickly , so he came onto the 5 mtr line a lot earlier than he really wanted but he started catching putting some good fish in the net, I stuck with the long line catching a few and I felt as though I was keeping in touch with the anglers off to my left, I kept trying the short meat line but it never really got going for me and I think I only had 4 or 5 fish on it, I started to have a go down the edge with about 90 mins to go and it was solid, I couldn't get in there quick enough, the fish were a bit small but there seemed to be plenty there, with some tench thrown in for good measure, I did lose several to snags and hook pulls, but I think that was mostly due to the pressure I had to put on the fish to get them out of the edge weakening the hook hold, but it was a good day with plenty of banter with fabio and mr thick, I ended up with 37 carp and about 8 tench for what I hoped would go 175lb ish, the word on the bank after was that mash on 112 had won and he did with 223.15 mainly caught on banded pellet out at 13 mtrs then down to his right hand margin towards the end of the match
2nd was tom( I will jump in if I have over 200lb)thick 209.15, coward bottled it
3rd local dairy farmer dave romain on 130 with 189.11
4th me with 189.1 peg 116
5th Martin lenaghan on 111 with 186.8
6th Philip Harding on 115 with 159.13
Silvers
M skyme ( I can't read the weigh sheet so I,m sorry if that's wrong) with 45.5 off peg 125, mainly tench with a few skimmers on worm and caster

No comments:

Post a Comment