Total Pageviews

Thursday 15 August 2013

Short pole match, Campbell lake , bait tech viaduct

23 fishing today which is a lot on this lake but as we could only fish a top set plus 3 it doesn't make any difference, into the draw tin and out pops 132, a corner peg with plenty of form, a bit disappointing today as the wind was blowing up the lake and with Craig Edmunds and two pots bailey on the end bank it may be harder than normal. Only three rigs today, a meat rig for 11 o,clock and a pellet rig for 2 o,clock both at 5 mtrs and a pellet rig for my right hand margin, at the start I began on the pellet 5 mtr line and I lost two foulers quite quickly but that was the end of the action for me for a long time , glen on 135 began with a bit of a false dawn with a couple of early fish on paste and trig on 134 was sneaking an odd fish out n meat, opposite on 111 Tom thick was catching as was lee wherret on 112, even the acorn silver ace fabio up on 118 couldn't get his rig in quick enough, also on 115 fishery manager Paul greenwood was flying, back into my swim and it looked like a bad day for me , steve Seager on131 had a few (literally) fish and was sniggering at me, I couldn't even get small fish to nibble my meat, after 3 1/2 hours I had 3 carp and a few small silvers, then I saw a swirl down the edge, and the rest of my match was spent down there chasing shadows, the last 2 1/2 hours were enjoyable as I put another 17 carp in the net but it was obviously to little to late, I ended up with over 100lb but that was going to be way off the pace today, top weight came from the irrepressible Tom thick over on 111 with 230.1 mainly on 8mm hard pellet
2nd Paul greenwood on 115 with 201.2
3rd Philip Harding on 118 with 184
4th lee wherret on 112 with 180.3
5th trig Edmunds on 134 with 172.6
6th glen bailey on 135 with 162.9
Silvers
Joe McMahon on 123 with 31lb of meat caught skimmers
Chiton trinity wildmarsh lake Sunday , still a couple of places left so ring me at the shop on 01179517250

No comments:

Post a Comment