Total Pageviews

Monday 5 August 2013

Round 5 float only lge ,sedges fishery

Still had a full house today with 40 fishing which isn't supriseing as this a popular well run fishery, and it always makes for a nice break when the fishery owners arrange to do the weigh in,
I wasn't to sure where I fancied drawing and with a strong southerly wind blowing up the lakes, I ended up on 35 which is halfway up the right hand bank on tile lake which is ok, for company I had Scott puddy on 34 and bristol s number 1 roofer bela bakos on 36, with an island out at about 40 mtrs I set up a wag rod but with the wind blowing my rig off the end of the island which was my side I tried it but but it wasnt going to work so I won't mention that again, I was a bit torn at which rigs to set up, my head was telling me to go with an all out meat approach as this works well at this venue, but no I set up a pellet rig to fish on the deck at 13 mtrs as this was all I fish as the wind was to strong, I set up meat rigs for 5 mtrs and the margin, and a shallow rig for pellet, but that was a waste of a hook !!. After a few chucks on the wag it was out with a banded 8mm pellet over some cupped in 6,s! And I had bites straight away landing a couple of carp and a good eel, Scott stayed on the wag a bit longer than me but as soon as he came in on the pole fishing paste, he caught steadily , I didn't set up a paste rig which turned out to be a mistake, bela to my left was struggling aswell but league leader Craig Edmunds on 37 was catching on meat at 13 mtrs, I got the feeding totally wrong today as I picked up the catty and began firing 6,s over the 13 mtr line, I think if I had just kept potting a few in I may have had a better day on the pellet, by the halfway mark I only had 12 small carp in the net , Scott was still catching as was Paul elmes and chris fox up in the corner peg, and as I needed a section win to stay in with a chance of doing well in the series something had to change , bela was now catching on meat at 5 mtrs, I had been feeding this line but apart from a lone skimmer I wasn't getting bites there either, a look in the margin resulted in one carp then it was small roach turning the 8mm meat cube into a small marble, in desperation I upped the feed at 5 mtrs and it did work a bit as I had some better fish in the last 90 mins but it was always going to be to little to late ,
Tale lake was certainly fishing better than brick, judging by the talking I could hear, and by the end there was going to be several people on tile with over 100lb with trig looking to be the best of the bunch, the only people who may beat him were Scott next to me who had caught well all match but a lot of his fish were on the small side and des shipp over on 21 had been catching but there was an island in the way so I couldn't see him, well not all of him anyway, just the edge off his Buddha belly poking out around the edge of the island.
In the end it was Craig Edmunds who won with 162.8 on peg 37, which is a new lake record, and it seems as though he now has the league sown up
2nd des shipp on peg 21 with 147.4
3rd Scott puddy peg 34 , with 141.9
4 th Tom mangnall peg 27 with 114.10
5th bela bakos on 36 with 114.4
6th Paul elmes on 32 with 110.9
Silvers
Dave(diddly bonk) Haines with 23.14 of whitebait off peg 40. Just ouncing out Gary etheridge with 23.13
As for me it's one to forget ,I did end up with 87lb but I was last but one in my section, I think roger crago felt sorry for me and threw back, I can't say there were. No fish about as I was in the middle of 5 weights over 100lb , so I think I just got it totally wrong on the day, it happens.
At least it will give the anonymous low life's a chance to have a comment or two lol

No comments:

Post a Comment