Total Pageviews

Sunday 11 August 2013

Landsend Sunday open

24 fishing today so we were on match and speci, with the. Bristol psv club in johns , all lakes were being match fished today. Trig pulled out two tickets stuck together so I took the one sticking out, I opened it to reveal peg 15, I didn't mind where I drew as all pegs were ok. For company I had Simon ryall on 16 and Adrian Clark on 13,  trig ended up on 5 and with Anton page sat on 18 I thought they would be the ones to watch, luckily I couldn't see the speci lake , which had fished well on Saturday with beany winning with just over 200lb his best match weight to date, and today it looked good for some more good catches, back to my peg and I set up the meat rig for 6 mtrs , a rig to fish meat in the right hand margin and the same rig for maggot over groundbait in the left hand margin , a stalker rig and a pellet rig for on the deck as near to the island as I could get as the islands need a bit of a trim,
At the start I fed all lines and began on the meat line at 6 mtrs but after 30 mins and a roach a perch and a lost fouler I binned that line and went over to the island and started catching straight away, and for most of the match that's where I stayed, I had been feeding meat down to my right so I had a go, Hooked a 3lb fish in the belly and had a proper torrid time trying to keep it out of the tree in the water then having to extradite it from behind my keepnet but it all came good and it was safely netted,  but it was all to difficult so I left that alone , Simon on 16 was having a terrible time fishing down the edge back towards me snapping a top set and all his rigs cos those margin fish in by the sunken bush are proper buggers, but it made for some good entertainment for me , also there was a large splash from peg 5 , it turns out trig has fallen on hard times and whilst playing a carp his elastic snapped , and instead of kissing it goodbye decided to jump over his nets and make a grab for his rapidly disappearing elastic, which he did and he landed the fish, I still can't think why we call him trigger.
The groundbait line down the left hand margin gave me two carp but I lost 4 in snags so didn't bother to much after that .
The far side was the best and I ended up with 32 carp a couple of tench and IDE and an f1 and a couple af smalls for what I thought would go 150lb,  but the grapevine was saying the speci lake had fished really well, and it did with dave roper coming out on top off peg 32 with 176.13 on. Meat fished down the margin at about 6 mtrs
2nd was dean malin on 29 with 163.9
3rd was me with 160.11
4th craig(trig)Edmunds on 5 with 148.11
5th dave Westcott on 33 with 145.14
6th Anton page on18 with 135.4
There were another 4 weights over 100lb , so it was a good match with good weights but quite close really
Silvers were won by John green on 26 with 36.12 , skimmers and f1,s on soft pellet over micros doing the trick
2nd in silvers went to mike nicholls on peg 3 with 21.9
Next Sunday I have an open at chiton trinity on wildmarsh lake so if you fancy it give me a ring at the shop on 01179517250 to book in

No comments:

Post a Comment