Total Pageviews

Wednesday 17 July 2013

Weds open, acorn fishery

Ended up with 14 fishing so we only booked1 to 21 which is loads of room, I got to be fair and say the clevedon aa club who now control the lake are only to pleased to see outside clubs booking the lake and understand that people like a bit of room, so I can't see any problems at all.
Back to the draw and dave blakemore drew and had another ticket stuck to his so I took that one and it turned out to be peg 1 again for the third match in a row,  I,m not really complaining as it a good peg .
Yesterday(Tuesday) des shipp set a new match record off peg 10 with 312 lb, all caught shallow on pieces of worm over loose fed caster straight in the middle, and most of the other weights came to shallow pellet down the middle , so that was the plan for today then, mainly 8mm banded pellet over loose fed 6mm just as far as I could throw 6,s, so that was about 6 to 7 mtrs, I set up a .2g j13 float with  a 16 b960 on .16. I set up a 4x10 impact 1 to fish pellet over to the at side ,but it was never used, bought a couple of pints of dead maggots along to fish down the edge , so a 4x10 rig was assembled for that, but apart from a few sorties down that edge which did produce a couple. But most of the match was spent on the 6/7 mtr line catching steadily through out, and I ended the match with about 75 carp for a weight that I wasn't to sure about , I thought about 160/180 but I wasn't to sure . I did put a 4 th carp net in 40 mins from the end and I was glad I did as I went over by 2 and 4 pounds in two of my nets, so I ended up with 209.10 for first on the day
2 nd was mike nicholls on7 with127.5
3rd Philip Harding on 15 with a few scales less and 126.15
4 th joe McMahon on 4 with 109.1
5th rich heatley on 10 . 106.7
6th Jamie dyte on 21 with 105.6
Silvers
Barry fitchew on peg 12 with 23.8, mainly small skimmers on worm and caster

No comments:

Post a Comment