Total Pageviews

Wednesday 31 July 2013

Weds open , acorn fishery , paddock lake

A couple of Sunday opens coming up soon, the first is at landsend fishery on 11th August and one the week after at chiton trinity on wildmarsh lake the following week on the 18th, as normal ring me at the shop on 01179517250 to book in, back to today and with only 13 booked in we had plenty of room , it should have been 14 but mike chapman had to bow to the petticoat government and stay home!
Bob gullick drew for and I was hoping not to find myself on peg 1 again so I was more than happy to see 5 on the draw card, always a good peg ,but it hasn't figured to much in recent matches, but I certainly wasnt about to complain, .
I set up a rig for the margins, one for the far side on the deck , a stalker/ shallow rig and one for the deck at 5 mtrs ,all rigs had a b960 size 16 tied to .16 line as all I had with me were 6&8mm hard pellets, the worst part of the day was that I had to sit and look at dean malin over on 9 and he was going to fish the method, I did make a bit of a rash statement that I would sell my kit if he won on that, but after shouting the all in, it must have aken dean all of 10 secs to. Be connected to his first carp, the writing was on the wall, anyone interested in some hardly used kit lol.
I wasted the first hour trying to catch deep and shallow at 5 mtrs but only managed 3 carp on the deck, so after that it was over to the far bank fishing on the deck in about 12 inches of water, by now dean was flying and he was probably about 15 fish up on anyone else already, I began to catch steadily but the fish were of a small average size , about halfway through I went in at half depth and started to catch some slightly better fish, but with dean still catching I was starting to look at my stuff and try and work out what it was worth, probably not a lot so I best keep it then , other people catching were gabe skarba on peg one but he was giving us all a chance today and was pulling off more than he was netting, mark poppleton  on 33 was also catching steadily, over on 26 bob gullick was using his landing net quite often , so for him to be catching it must really be fishing well, I kept catching right to the end I even had to borrow a net off the gimp next door as I had used my 4, by the end I had about 95 carp but with a lot of smaller fish I thought I would just have over 200lb , but I thought dean had well over 300lb and he did , he a staggering 351lb but as he was over in 4 nets his final weight was only (lol) 327.15 for a new venue match record, so well done to him.
2 nd and well off the pace was me with a mere 230.14
3 rd mark poppleton on33 with 203.11
4th gabe skarba  on peg 1 with 193.15, losing 21lb for going over the limit ,so he would have been 3rd
5th mark Walsh on 24 with 136.14
6th bob gullick on 26 with 135.11
Silvers
Philip Harding on. 36 with 42.8 of mainly skimmers on worm and caster, fished down the middle

No comments:

Post a Comment