Total Pageviews

Sunday 28 July 2013

Pole only , chiton trinity , woodland lake

A couple of things first, I,m running an open at acorn on weds so if you want to book in ring me at the shop to book in 01179517250,
Second thing , for those of you that haven't heard or bumped into Tim Clark , he has managed to wing his way into the k/o final in the float only league ,is that ok Tim,
Back to the match today , and why would someone turn up with no seat box, bait bag and keepnets for a match, we don't call him trigger for nothing, well done Craig Edmunds, what an ender, then he tried to lay the blame on Paul elmes cos he picked him up and should have realised according to trig, but he managed to scab enough bits to fish with though.
Alan oram drew for me and handed me peg 20, which is up in the right hand corner, at least it was the least windy peg on the lake, I set up a meat depth rig for 5 mtrs, a shallow pellet rig for 14 mtrs and a pellet rig for the left and right margin, the left was to fish at 14 mtrs under a tree which is normally a banker area and only 5 mtrs to my right against some reeds, for company I had Martin McMahon on my right in 19 and Martin Alexander around the corner on 23. At the start I fed the margins, the 6 mtr meat line and then started on the shallow rig, and I had a carp straight away, but that was it , I flogged it for the first hour but apart from a couple of roach I never had another carp on it, so onto the meat line and that did produce a few carp and skimmers but it wasnt fast enough as Shaun Townsend over on 11was catching as was Gordon canning on 13, the empty peg in between them was probably helping especially  Gordon who was catching down towards the empty pallet quite early on, after a few fish on the meat line , most of the rest of the match was spent in the two margins, the normally productive left hand margin didn't really kick in and only gave me 4 fish, most of my fish came on banded pellet to my right , by the end I think I had about 25 carp plus a few silvers , but the clear winner looked to be Shaun  over on 11 who had caught really well down towards peg 12 pallet on meat . And that was as it ended with Shaun Townsend running out a clear winner with 163.11
2nd was me with 115.1 on peg 20
3rd Adrian jeffery on 15 with 113.1
4th Alan oram on 31 with 107.6
5th glen bailey on 6 with 106 lb
6th Gordon cannings on 13 with 101.15
7th Craig (ender) Edmunds on 24 with 101.13, but he did win the silvers with 26.8 of skimmers on meat at 6 mtrs
It fished really well today with lots of fish caught all round , shame there are no spare Sundays available so we could get down there again.


No comments:

Post a Comment