Total Pageviews

Wednesday 24 July 2013

Landsend weds open

Numbers are down a bit at the mo so only 10 booked in, that equates to plenty of room for all. Big bore bob was i charge of the fishery today so I let him draw for me, and I ended up on the same peg as last time here, 24. I,m making a bit of a habit of drawing repeat pegs lately, and this is one I don't mind, although its not a favourite of many , but it's got a nice long end bank to fish along and I was second off it last time , so more of the same would be nice.i was opposite Tom thick on one and the gimp on 22. Several rigs today , the stalker but it was never used as there weren't any fish to target swimming by, a shallow pellet rig to fish against the bank, also never used as the bank wasnt clear enough to get in tight enough so that stayed dry after a quick try, the last two rigs were a meat rig for 14 mtrs straight out and a pellet rig to fish on top of the right hand shelf as this was the best rig last time, oh yes and a meat rig for the left hand margin , but I never had a bite on it last time so I wasn't confident, the difference this time was the 2 pints of casters I still had in the van from Sunday and boy did they stink, but carp like stinky bait.
After feeding the meat line at 14 mtrs and putting a big pot of stinky casters and meat into the margin, I started on meat at 14 mtrs, and began firing 6mm hard pellet along the end bank, the meat wasnt to good but I did get 4 carp on in the first hour , trouble was Jamie dyte on 3 was catching on paste and was already on 8 fish , so the writing was on the wall for the second time , with  the rest of us fishing for second, or worse.the gimp had caught a carp and lost a couple fishing caster at 4 mtrs so I started throwing a few pieces of. Meat onto that line as I went up the right hand side, I had a quick run of fish ,then it went quiet so I dropped onto the 4 mtr meat line and had a carp nearly straight away, but I only had one more bite there and that was from a 2lb tench, down the edge but not a sign there, so back out to the end bank several fish later and a few lost foulers and there's only a couple of hours to go, Jamie was on 20 carp now and Tom was a few fish ahead, and turkey Thompson on 19 was catching a losing some , but at least the fish are always going be well fed in his swim, he doesn't appear to like carrying to much bait back to his van. Back in my swim and with 90 mins to go I picked up the bait box with the casters in and threw the lot into the margin, then went back out to end bank for some more fish and some lost ones aswell, Jamie had slowed down but turkey on19 was still
Getting odd fish. 30 mins from the end I saw my first sign down the edge when I noticed a small swirl, so the last bit of the match was spent on boulders meat down the edge in about 15 inches of water, and I did get 5 better fish for about 30lb and lost one , so although Jamie looked to have won it may be close between me Tom and turkey, as expected Jamie dyte was first again off peg 3 with 137.5 , catching on paste back towards peg two and over the far side towards the end
Then one fish separated the next three with me just edging it with 105lb off 24
3rd was john(turkey) Thompson on 19 with 103.9
4th Tom thick on 1 with 96.10
5th dave blakemore on 15 with 63.13
6 th ray white on 11 with 51.7
Silvers went to philip(fabio) Harding with 35.3 of skimmers crucians and f1,s on chopped worm and caster aswell as soft pellet

No comments:

Post a Comment