Total Pageviews

Wednesday 5 June 2013

Weds viaduct open

18 fishing today so the management decided to put us on Campbell only, I let roger andoniou pull a peg for me today, I should know better as he generally draws crap for me , and he gave me 130, not a peg I would generally chosen, 110 and 132 would have been my preferred choice with 135 being good but roger kept that for himself, with dan squire pulling 110 and axel Murray rolling up onto 132  
A minor placing or silvers money looked like my best option. I set up a couple of meat rigs , one for the margin and one for 5 mtrs , and a couple of pellet rigs , one for on the deck and a slapper/shallow rig, for company on my left I had ridgeway aa stalwart Jon rowland, the whistle goes and it's straight out on the deck with 8 mm banded pellet ,but after a couple of lost foulers it was out on the shallow rig, but the fish didn't want to play ball, it seems they have only been spawning in dribs and drabs so they didn't want to feed to well, I did managed to mug about 6 but it was hard, by the Galway mark I was still on 6 carp and a few silvers. A look on the meat lines gave me one small roach down the edge and a couple of small skimmers on the 5 mtr line, by now dan over on 110 and axel on 135 were catching a few but dan was well in the lead fishing pellet shallow 17 mtrs down his edge by the brambles, but he was having a bit of a torrid with lots of the carp taking him under the brambles but he was getting enough out to be well ahead of everyone else, the last two hours of the match were my best with the fish seeming to settle a bit and I managed some on the deep pellet rig as well as on the meat ,by the end I had 17 carp and a few tench and skimmers for 110 plus pounds, Alex in the corner had 156 lb , I new I was well off that , I ended up with 126.10 , after having 6  1/2 lb deducted as I went over the 70 lb net limit in one net , bugger.
1st was dan squires over on 110 with 2477
2 nd  axel Murray on 132 with 156.8
3rd Tom thick with 130.10 which included the top silvers weight with 35.2 of mainly skimmers
4 th tony Rixon 126.10, going over cost me 3rd
5 th fabio on 112 with 102 .15
6 th John ( turkey) Thompson with 98.13 on peg 114
Matches coming up
Sunday 16 June chiton trinity on wildmarsh and Sunday 23 a short pole match at landsend fishery, ring me at the shop on 01179517250 to book in on either

5 comments:

  1. Nice spelling Tiny

    ReplyDelete
  2. what peg was Tom on Tony

    ReplyDelete
  3. ops!! going over in one net. bit of a school boy error for you tony.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Tom was on peg 28 and as for the other two comments , can't argue with them, lol

    ReplyDelete
  5. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete