Total Pageviews

Sunday 9 June 2013

Sunday open , summerhayes fishery

Only my second ever visit to this fishery, the last time under different owners it was very hard , in fact dean malin won that match with one bream, but reports coming back now seem to show that the present owner , Pete has worked really hard and now has a nice well run fishery and gives everyone a warm welcome, but then again nearly all the venues in Somerset are the same.
There was 29 booked in to this match so there was 20 on sellicks and 9 on Lilly pond , most of the locals were of the opinion that the fish in Lilly were to small to compete withy he sellicks fish, so a draw on the latter was favoured, after a walk around the lakes I fancied 13 on sellicks as there are plenty of options with a small island to fish to plenty of Lilly,s in the margin a ice far bank and the wind was blowing into that bank, into the draw tub and out comes 17 sellicks, a good area according to the people I asked, peg 13 was drawn by bob gullick so he was smiling , I had only bought meat and pellets with me , so I set up two meat rigs, one for the margins and one for 5 mtrs but apart from a lost fouler in the margin I never had a proper bite on either so the less said about those two rigs the better, I set up two pellet rigs to fish the far bank, one for shallow against the bank and one for on the deck by the island aswell as I had a good depth there at nearly 2 foot deep, I had rich Lacey on my left for company and he got a nasty shock whilst tackling up as he touched the live otter fence and got a bit of a jolt, I thought he was going to cry,
Basically my match was spent fishing banded 6mm over loose fed 4,s , I had a couple of early fish shallow but they weren't really competing enough to keep them shallow, so all my other fish were caught on the depth rig over, I was suffering a few foulers so I kept trying the shallow rig but it was no good, in the end I fished at depth with one number 10 down the line , I did get a few on the drop but most came after the rig had settled , I ended up with over 20 carp but was several behind bob who was admitting to 25, Lilly pond seemed to have fished well with the corner pegs producing well but the fish were of a small average size in the end it was bob gullick who took first spot with 63.6 catching mainly on pellet over to the far side and by the small island
2nd was me with 47.4
3rd joe McMahon 46lb peg 3 on Lilly
4th Aaron britnell 44.7 peg 6 on Lilly
5th kev molten 42.10 peg 4 sellicks
6th mark lehay 41.1 peg 7 Lilly
Silvers
Steve Jackson 9.12 peg 7 sellicks
All in all it was a good tight match with plenty of bites, and it never fished as well as it can, but then again. Most places seem to be fishing a bit wierd at the mo , the fish don't seem to have spawned proper and it seems to to be fishing a bit wierd

No comments:

Post a Comment