Total Pageviews

Sunday 23 June 2013

Short pole match , landsend fishery

A decent turn out today with thirty fishing, these limited length pole only matches do seem quite popular, it gets everyone on a fairly even keel as no one will be out lengthing anyone else, so it does make it a bit fairer. Mat tomes drew for me and handed me peg 45 , not the ideal peg but then I remembered this was a redraw peg as there was a no show, so he drew another for me and gave me peg 50 instead, great ( I thought ), and drew peg 19 for himself, oh how he laughed !!!,
For company I had bob gullick on 46 and Martin McMahon on 51, opposite I had to put up with mike nicholls who was moaning about the wind , it was strong the weather men got it right again , I wish they would get it right and forecast some nice warm settled weather, instead of us having to sit here with a thermal coat on in June. I set up a meat rig to fish at 6 mtrs and down the edge, one rig did both as it was the same depth, and a rig to fish caster at three mtrs, at the start I cupped in some meat at 6 mtrs and down the edge and began on the caster line, I was catching small roach straight away, mike opposite hooked a carp in the first few minutes and soon had the 8lb carp in his nice new landing net, he then proceeded to tip it the wrong side of his keepnet, there ensued a brief spell of Tourette's, , then Martin had a carp next to me on his meat line, I stuck withy he casters for the fist hour, but with odd people getting carp I was soon out on the 6 mr meat line, it took a while for me to get a carp then I had a few f1,s on the meat, a look down the edge gave me another carp, the match was quite enjoyable as I had odd fish right up to the end of the match by toss potting 4 or 5 pieces of meat and sitting on it till I had a bite, I ended up with about 17 carp and a few silvers for what I estimated at 70 to 80lb, I honestly thought mike opposite on 61 had beaten me as he had more carp than me, but they turned out to be much smaller, my fish went 97.13 for first on the day.
2nd went to ever consistent Shaun Townsend on 65 with 72.10
3rd steve wynne on 21 with 63.11
4th Tom thick on peg 8 with 60.10
5 th mike nicholls on 61 with 57.5
6 th bela bakos on (can't remember) with 56.5
Silvers
Mat tomes on 19 with 32.8 of mainly skimmers on caster

No comments:

Post a Comment