Total Pageviews

Sunday 2 June 2013

Float only round 2 landsend fishery

With 40 fishing we used all three lakes today , I didn't rally mind where I drew but when I found out the carp were spawning on lake 3 I would have likes to avoid that one , so where do I draw for myself, yep lake 3 on peg 62 not the best of pegs and when Tom thick drew peg 1 on the match lake it looked as though my time in the knockout  was over aswell for company I had Adrian jeffery on peg 61 to my right and Phil fabio Harding to my left on 65, my peg looked nice if not a bit overgrown, I had a tree going out 6 mtrs to my right ,so no margin that way , to my left I a bush going out 2 mtrs but I could fish over the top of that one into the empty peg , but I had to stand up to do it, so I set up a meat rig for that part of my swim ,another  meat rig for 5 mtrs to my left in front of the tree/bush. A slapper pellet rig for chancing the surface swimmers ,and one for on the deck across on the island, me like most people started on the slapper chacing the shadows but these fish had other things on there minds and were not playing ball at all , I did get three fish on this rig but they were fish feeding against the island and the three would have struggled to make 8 lb between them, I went over on the deep rig agains the island and had another and lost one but bites were virtually impossible  get, there were no line bites either , very strange , most of the lakes carp seemed to be spawning under the various bushes and weedbeds around the lake , our lake was very hard , but news came up from the other lakes that they were fishing well, there were no spawning fish on the other lakes , probably due to the fact they are slightly deeper so the water temp would be a bit lower, I looked n the meat line at 5 mtrs and had a nice 10 lb common, I had a first for me whilst playing this fish as a smaller male fish tried to spawn with it as I was playing it, I went down to the empty swim which I
Thought would be a banker but only hooked and landed one small carp from there, I expected more from this area but again they were to interested in spawning in the trees branches, there were no silvers feeding on this lake , to busy eating spawn probably, I ended up with 11 carp for 52 lb and a needed section win, catching a few late fish on the corner of the island and on the 5 mtr line all on meat, top weight on our lake went to craig(des) Edmunds on 45 with 79.11.
Overall went to Tom thick ( I thought I would be knocked out. ) with 189.14 off peg 1 , mugging
Quite a few and catching on meat at 5 mtrs
2 nd bob gullick on peg 21 with 149.3
3rd Anton page 140.4 on peg 33
4 th Leon Hubbard on 29 with 133.2
5th Tom mangnall on 32 with 121.14
6th Paul elmes on 38 with 117.2
Silvers
Clint wojtyla on peg 3 with 33.2 of alla sorts on caster and a bit of soft pellet

1 comment:

  1. Hi my names Albert I have been following this blog for many years.what I was wondering does tony still fish and write the blog because I haven't seen his name on the results for a while

    ReplyDelete