Total Pageviews

Sunday 19 May 2013

Float only league, round 1 , viaduct

40 fishing so we had 20 on Campbell and Cary lakes, Neil (Phil) mercer drew for me and handed me peg 81 which is the first peg past the spit on Cary with the monk down to my left, the swim has been producing well lately with 2 matches recently being won on meat down to the monk, so a rig was set up for that , but I,m not going to mention to much about that as I only had one bite down there , even though I tried it several times , and the bite came from a perch which is never a good sign .
The other rigs were to fish at 14 mtrs, an up in the water and on the deck for banded 8mm and a paste rig for the same line , and another pellets rig again for 8 mm down along the spit, and I also set up a wag to fish at depth at the end of the spit but it was a none starter method again as I only fouled one fish on it , joe McMahon on 80 the other side of the spit caught on the shallow wag , but no one else on Cary could make it work as well so fair play to him .
At the start I began with the depth rig at 14 mtrs  and lost a fouler straight away, then I had a swirl so I went out on the shallow rig and caught a 10 lb fish quickly followed by another about 10 mins later, I kept trying the deep rig but all I could get were liners and the odd skimmer , so must of the first half was spent slapping a rig about in the feed , but it wasnt really happening , I did get one on the paste and in the last couple of hours I managed a few from the spit , but fouler s were a real problem , I ended up with 13 carp and some skimmers for 125.12 for the all important section win, so a good start to the series, first on the day went to the in form craig(trigger) Edmunds with 164.2 off peg 132, you couldn't expect anything else really giving a peg like that to an angler who is bang in form lately, he did do well as he went out to some sort of dodgy club on Saturday night ,and he had some girl whipping his ass, and it did look a mess. And very sore.oh yes and he caught on pellet down the edge early on then meat close towards the end
2nd , multi venue record holder Tom mangnall on 116 with 156lb
3rd dave (old git) roper on 95 with 148.1
4th Paul elmes on 125 with141.9, he had his top 4 pulled off towards the end and it unded up I chris fox,s peg opposite on 118 , so after he came running round at the end taking his clothes off as he was
Coming , then did a spectacular dive off. Chris,s footplate, some say it was worthy of Tom Daley I
Think it was more Arthur Daley myself
5th joe macmahon on 80 with 135.5
6th Roland (this peg is crap I may go straight home) Lucas on 130 with 125.13
Silvers went to Tom mangnall with 31.2
Next round isin 2 weeks at landsend, and if anyone is interested I am running one at landsend on bank holiday Monday ring me at the shop to book in

No comments:

Post a Comment