Total Pageviews

Sunday 5 May 2013

Chiton trinity, woodland lake

22 booked to fish today's open so we made it a pole only as some corners would be in , so there was no chance of anyone casting across other people.
I fancied a draw up towards the right hand end of the lake as the wind has been blowing that way for several days now , Jason Radford pulled out 2 tickets wedged together so I took the one stuck out ,it was 31, not the end of the lake I wanted, for. Company I had mike nicholls on 32 and vic bush on 29  (empty peg in between us).  4 rigs today , two for meat , one for 5 mtrs and one for down the right hand margin both with a xedion size 16 hook on .16 line , and 2 pellet rigs for 14 mtr, one shallow and one deep both with b960 hooks on .16 line.
On the all in  I cupped some 6mmhard pellets at 14 mtrs and some meat at 5 mtrs and down the edge, starting on the deep rig it only took a few minutes after a couple of liners to have me reaching for the shallow rig, but it didn't bring the immediate response I was hoping for, I did get a couple of nice roach but it took mr 30 mins to get my first carp, no one seemed to be catching much, only joe McMahon on 13 was getting fish , also Tom mangnall on 9 had a couple , both of them catching on shallow pellet, mike nicholls was on Thr caster close in catching roach and motherless minnows so he was happy, back in my swim and it wasnt really getting any easier, I had begun to catch a few carp shallow but it was difficult , it was hard together a pattern going , you had to feed a couple of times then slap your rig into the feed area as hard as you can, and every now and then the float would go, everyone seemed to be missing a few bites but it seemed to be from roach, I had a couple of looks in the margin and on the 5 mtr meat line and had 5 carp between the 2 lines so nothing special there, by now mike nicholls was catching carp on paste over his caster line and vic was catching on meat down his edge and at 5 mtrs , the last third of the match went well with most people catching , even glen bailey opposite on peg 8 was catching, which was a big suprise to himself and us as the best weight of fish he has weighed in the last 6 moths was 20lb of dace on the river I wouldn't say the run in to the end was frantic but it was interesting as I kept odd fish going into the net on the shallow rig, I think I ended up with 24 carp up to about 9lb for over 100lb and with no one else owning up to over a
Ton things looked promising, I was the first to weigh and my fish went 134.2 which was enough for
First on the day
2nd kev molten on 17 with 98.9
3rd crag Edmunds on 22. With 97.10
4th glen bailey on 8 with 95.4
5th joe McMahon on 13 with 93.6
6th vic bush on 29 with 92.13
7 mike nicholls on 32 with 90.10
8 th Shaun Townsend on 28 with90.4
8th Tom mangnall on 9 with 88.6
Brilliant weights and a nice close match
Silvers went the way of the gimp (John Bradford) on peg 2 with 17.2 of odds and sods on caster

1 comment: