Total Pageviews

Monday 27 May 2013

Bank holiday Monday open , landsend fishery

28 turned up today so mike let us spread out over the three lakes so plenty of room for all,  I let beamy draw for me which was a mistake as he gave me  35 which has been very hard for months, the only good thing was that he drew 40 for himself  which has been on a par with my peg, serves him right .
I set up a couple of pellet rigs for over , one to fish shallow and the other to fish on the deck by the island , a meat rig for 14 mtrs on and angle towards peg 36 which was empty and a meat rig for the margins which only gave me one bite which was a three pound bream , so no more about that then , I started the match fishing small pieces of meat over soaked micros on the  14 mtr line and feeding 6,s to the island in a couple of spots, by now Tom mangnall on 31 was catching carp as was mat tomes on 31 but I wasn't to suprised about that as he had practised on the same peg on Saturday morning,
I,m not going to bore with the details but the fish went mad , it's not often these wary landsend give themselves up to readily, but today they had a bit of a munch, I ended up with 17 carp and 24 lb of silvers for 107 lb and tenth on the day,
1st on the day went to rob Wooten  on 28 with 223.1 which is his best weight to date so well done, rod caught early on hard pellet over to the island , but he caught really well in the last couple of hours fishing banded pellet down to empty peg 27 pallet
2nd and it was that man again , Craig Edmunds on 17 with 189.13
3rd Tom mangnall on 31 with 182.2
4th chris Davis on 55 with 171.7
5 th andy hembrow on 42 with 170.14, he would have had more but didn't take enough nets down the bank and threw back 8 lb of silvers to use the net for carp
6 th mat tomes on 33 with 170.4
Top silver weight went to nick Collins on peg 3 with  40.7 of crucians, f1,s skimmers and roach on caster
So it fished well which hopefully bodes well for next Sunday when it's round 2 of the float only league ,for anyone who needs to practice there is a match there weds so give me a ring at the shop to book in

No comments:

Post a Comment